Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 02-05-2008, 10:49 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieDog View Post

Anyway, her kennel name is Bearabella Goldens, http://www.bearabellagoldens.com/ there is a link to her website. She is a little expensive though, Im not sure what youre price range is...

Helena is a great lady. She has wonderful dogs. I have a half sister to the bitch she was showing at the national and beat the socks off of everyone there! It was sweet! I will say that her dogs are not expensive. Rather they are right on target for the going market of a well bred golden from parents with clearances and a pedigree history of cleared dogs. She would be an excellent person to buy a dog from. I know last year the roof to her kennel got blown off and she had to have it repaired so I don't know if she is doing any litters now or not.
Any how. You cannot go wrong with Helena!

http://www.consumerfreedom.com/
http://www.naiaonline.org/
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/pet-law/
Old 02-05-2008, 10:59 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

She actually built an all new indoor kennel, complete with a bedroom and kitchen for herself and her kennel help! I was really impressed with her set up. Her dogs were gorgeous, I wanted to take Freedom home with me! He was a big lap dog.

And she has an announcment on her website saying that if the breeding takes there will be puppies ready in May, and that she also has a couple younger adults avaliable.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:09 PM
Kotah BEAR

thanks yall.
Her dogs are gorgeous and I love their looks and temperaments.

I'm really glad yall requested a breeder yall know about and can say good things about. That REALLY makes me feel good.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:11 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

So have you made a choice yet?? Border Collie (btw, what breeders are you looking at around here? I cant find any!) Corgi, or Golden? Also, may I ask, why you decided to forgo the poodle?
Old 02-05-2008, 11:25 PM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
So have you made a choice yet?? Border Collie (btw, what breeders are you looking at around here? I cant find any!) Corgi, or Golden? Also, may I ask, why you decided to forgo the poodle?
There are breeders that we know through friends and I'm looking outside of state, not as many BC breeders as I thought.
I dont know which breed yet. Possibly BC or Corgi but Golden is still on the table.
About the poodle, I just started looking at different breeds and researching more on BCs and Corgis and realized that they are more my preference. If that make sense.

Also, can you help me look at BC breeders? I'm sure most people are better at finding breeders than myself. From one Georgian to another Georgian.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:33 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

Im not sure about any BC breeders around here actually. If you have websites though, Ill be happy to take a look at them. Now, Australian Shepherds, those are a breed Ive been researching fairly heavily myself! lol. Jk.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:42 PM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Im not sure about any BC breeders around here actually. If you have websites though, Ill be happy to take a look at them. Now, Australian Shepherds, those are a breed Ive been researching fairly heavily myself! lol. Jk.
Aussies are a GREAT breed. I just like the look of BCs better. Aussies are bigger, so to speak, than BCs and I like the smaller look.

Oh Charlie, you are requested in chat please.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:51 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

Chat?
Old 02-05-2008, 11:53 PM
Kotah BEAR

your in chat now Charlie! yippy!
Old 02-06-2008, 11:28 AM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakotah View Post
Aussies are a GREAT breed. I just like the look of BCs better. Aussies are bigger, so to speak, than BCs and I like the smaller look.

Oh Charlie, you are requested in chat please.
Aussies can be pretty tiny, too. I'm not just talking 'minis' or 'toys' but there are a lot of smaller standard Aussies as well. There are some great threads about the difference between Aussies and BCs personality wise that I think you should look at if you're looking into those breeds. Maybe I can drag them up....

I also think that looks isn't really a good reason to decide between breeds. There are breeds that I just don't like the look of and would probably never own because of that, but you have to be realistic about what you need in a dog. A really drivey border collie is not going to be much like living with a golden. You want a sport dog, but I think the biggest thing is to get a dog you personally can live with first. I'm looking for a dog to compete with to possibly test the waters a bit so to speak. I want a bigger, drivey-er breed in the future, but right now I need an apartment dog. Do you need a really competitve dog or do you just want to test the waters a bit and compete for fun? Have you ever trained dogs in the sports you're interested in?

EDIT: Here's one. I can't find the one that I started, though.

http://www.chazhound.com/forums/show...lian+Shepherds

http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44640