Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 02-05-2008, 06:38 PM
Kotah BEAR

Well I dont know what I'm going to go with.
I LOVE the Corgis, they remind me of little pigs with fur and ears that stand up.
Poodles are good to.

For me, it would probably be better to have a Corgi cause they are a "bigger dog in a shorter package".
But opinions are still open.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:42 PM
Top Dog

What are you looking for ???? Companion ,, show or field/agility work ??? I know none of mine would have been good in agility !!! Too laid back ! They'd do it , but slowly !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 02-05-2008, 06:52 PM
Kotah BEAR

I'm looking for a companion. In any dog breed I am looking at. I dont want to show in a showring. But do obedience and possibly flyball.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:14 PM
Twin 2.0

Those Bearabella dogs look very nice! I'd at least give her a call.

Who needs sleep?

CrazyDog Photography CrazyDog on Facebook
Scent Sweet Home--Scentsy Wickless Candles Follow me!-Fall/Winter 2013 catalogs available!
Have Aussie, Will Travel--A Blog updated 5/26/12

Thanks Alliemackie!
Old 02-05-2008, 07:21 PM
Top Dog

Zoom , why am I so anti web sites ???? I'm just don't trust them !!!

Old 02-05-2008, 07:28 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

I can understand being leary of websites, but, some of the nicest GSDs Ive met, their breeders just werent very computer savvy, and didnt have very good websites.

Ive met the lady, Ms. Lamont, she is a very nice woman, and Im sure if you set up a time to go and hang out with her and her dogs, she would be happy to talk your ear off. She loves talking about her dogs, and I spent atleast an hour talking away with her about Goldens and GSD's (she used to breed GSDs) She is a very responsible woman, and a sucker for a cute pup too! She doesnt breed too often, and when she does she is breeding firstly for herself as she shows her own dogs, then for the public. Her oldest dog is 14 or 16 I think, and he was as fit as a fiddle.

Maybe when you get your puppy, whatever it is, we could meet up and have a playdate?
Old 02-05-2008, 07:43 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

She also seems to have a few young adult dogs for placement. When I was there she had kept a few puppies back, because they all showed potential, and Im betting that a few of them have some flaws that disqualify or fault them in the show ring. Let us know if you talk to her!
Old 02-05-2008, 07:52 PM
Are you dead yet?

How competitive do you want to be in flyball, Dakotah? Because quite frankly, if you want a dog that will be a good competitor on a flyball team, you should not expect a "medium drive" dog. Ever. Good flyball dogs are so high drive, most people can't handle them. Most meaning, 99% of people who DON'T do flyball. Think active Border Collies, Jack Russells and the like. Do you have previous experience with flyball? Do you know what the sport is all about or even know if you'd enjoy it?

Any dog can do obedience (though I've found that Goldens in particular *love* it) and be successful, but it takes a certain type of dog to be truly great at flyball, and that type of dog is most certainly NOT what you are describing as your ideal pet.

Corgis, too, are nice dogs but I've found that they have about as much drive, energy and spunk as Border Collies. Not particularly low maintainance, easy going, medium drive dogs - even though they LOOK like they should be!
Old 02-05-2008, 08:01 PM
Top Dog

I am familiar with some in the line .... Dakota , PM me your e-mail and I'll send you Seger's line ......

Old 02-05-2008, 08:26 PM
Kotah BEAR

thanks everyone.

RD- I dont really know how competitive I want to go. I'm just one of those people I go as far as I can, I guess.