Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 02-03-2008, 10:26 AM
Active Pup

Default Pomeranian?

Would be interesting to hear about the spitzes in the US. We are getting our first kleinspitz female next month. At some point I would be interested in purchasing a pomeranian girl as well for show and breeding, and would not mind her being an import as it would be nice to get rare bloodlines. And because I would want her FCI registered, I suppose she must have AKC papers.

What good breeders can I find in US? How about prices there, how much could a high quality pomeranian girl cost there? EU prices are high, but I suppose they aren't much cheaper in US.

Please post some links to good breeders and I will have a look at their sites and contact those that seem interesting. Thanks a lot!
Old 02-03-2008, 11:26 AM
Original Twin

I don't of any reptuable Pom breeders offhand, but try AKC.org. Go to the Pom page and there should be a link to the Pom club of America. There is usually a breeder referal off of the club's website. Most of the breeders links should be code of ethics breders.
Old 02-08-2008, 01:01 PM
Active Pup

http://www.americanpomeranianclub.org/ yes, but they don't seem to have any list of breeders on the site. Or at least I didn't find any breeders links there.

Are there any good sites you could post your own (free) advert that you would be interested to buy a puppy? Hoobly was one I found, any other good sites with lots of visitors?
Old 02-08-2008, 01:26 PM
Top Dog

Don't post online that you're looking for a puppy, you won't get a response from a reputable breeder. Where do you live? I don't know how many pom breeders here would be willing to ship a puppy overseas.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 02-12-2008, 03:02 PM
Active Pup

In Finland. I'm sure there are breeders willing to ship overseas, Finland (and Sweden, Denmark etc) is full of dogs born in the US so that can't be a problem, after all it's the buyer who stand for all costs.

A good opportunity to get your name known outside the US as well, as I'm looking for a little girl with future champion quality.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:41 PM
Obessed with Dogs

Then you'd have to look up breeders in Finland? I can search

Frankie's Myspace - Misty's Memorial Blog
Lacey ~ Misty
Old 02-12-2008, 07:54 PM
*Biter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmadee View Post
Hoobly was one I found, any other good sites with lots of visitors?

RED FLAG!!

I don't know if it's different in Finland, but I know reputable breeders in the states do not use Hoobly. Only puppy peddlers and back yard breeders tend to use those types of sites for selling their puppies.

Ditto - 2 year old APBT and Corvus - 7 year old supermutt

Paws Jaws and Wrecking Balls
Old 02-13-2008, 05:41 PM
Obvious trollsare Obvious

They don't list breeders. You have to contact them if interested. If you are that interested in wanting a dog of that caliber you will have to do more footwork. http://www.americanpomeranianclub.or...r_referral.htm

Stop paddling your own douchecanoe

CRB Houdini's Apple Cider RXMCL AGDC AADC MSDC MJDC RNT CL3-F CL3-H EXJ Bronze
AAC's Top Dog List ~~ 2007-11 Q's ~~ 2008-11 Q's ~~ 2009-10 Q's
AAC's Overall Top Dog List - 47 Q's and 7 Titles

Stanton Acres Out Of The Ashes SGDC RNMCL MJDC ADC CL3-F CL3-S CL3-H SD-S (SP)
AAC's Top Dog List 2009 - 12 Q's

Stark Naked Burn It To The Ground

Old 02-16-2008, 12:02 PM
Active Pup

Pomeranians are still very rare in Finland, there are only a few good breeders, rest of them are "puppymills" that breed for the money. Because the breed is this rare, I would not mind to buy from another country as I would want bloodlines we don't have here yet, to get a different breedingvalue to the dog. As I plan to buy only one and we do not wish to keep more than 2 dogs, I suppose I have the right to want and get that one very special dog. I know there are many very succesful breeders in the US (as well as Germany), so would just like to visit their websites.

OK, so not Hoobly. I will email the Pomclub and try to find out where the "champion breeders" are
Old 02-16-2008, 04:26 PM
Bored Now.

Palmadee, the problem is that here in the US, too, we have mostly BYBs and puppy mills... who breed low-quality dogs. It's still going to be hard to find good dogs here... but the club is definitely your first step.