Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 02-02-2008, 09:35 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Default Dobermans

I very much admire the breed.

Care to share your favorite aspect of the breed and your favorite breeders?

Old 02-02-2008, 10:38 PM
Active Pup

Hi
I'm on my second dobe. My absolute favorite thing about them, I've found both to have a great sense of humor, meaning, if they see that something they've done or are doing is funny, they get all excited and love to hear you laugh and if they can figure out what it is that made you laugh, will do it again.
Our girl at the moment has developed a "peekaboo" game w/us in the backyard, running circles around us and going back & forth behind the shed. The object of the game morphed into her buzzing almost near hitting me, w/the object of the game her seeing if I can touch her butt while she buzzes past me @dobie mach 1. lol

She gets me laughing hysterically like a witch. My neighbors must think I'm crazy.

I love the mix of serious and gorgeous, loving clowns.

From a beauty and responsible breeding perspective I like a lot of Foxfires, Wingates, and Promise/Olympia dogs.
There are more I'm sure who don't keep websites but are more word of mouth.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:34 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

With all the dobe owner's, I'm really surprised no one is talking about their breed.....

Old 02-05-2008, 06:36 PM
Who woulda thought <3

Maybe they missed it
Old 02-05-2008, 06:43 PM
Top Dog

No a dobe owner, but i do love the breed, and Bruda lines have got to be one of my favorites. Dobes seem to be getting thinner and thinner, and i like a somewhat thicker dobe.

I'd really like to own one one day.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 02-05-2008, 06:47 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post

I'd really like to own one one day.
Me too, but that's far, far away from now!

Old 02-05-2008, 06:51 PM
Top Dog

Heh, Mine's far, but maybe not far-far. Like, 3-5 years far.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 02-05-2008, 07:10 PM
<--------Orson

I think Q nailed it with the sense of humor. THAT is probably my favorite thing about Orson, and my boy that I had years ago.

I have never owned a female, only been around a few.........and it seems to me that the males are bigger clowns and stay that way for most if not all their life.

They can be all business with people that are not in the 'inner circle' of their life.......but to those they love, they take it upon themselves to love, protect, and entertain. I think Orson looks at Kevin and I as him owning US more than the other way around

I love his strong will, but sometimes it's very trying on my patience. Since you have a Fila, you understand some of that stubborness. Make no mistake, if you don't lead THEM........THEY WILL attempt to lead YOU

Highly intelligent, very loyal, loving.........sleek, handsome, SILLY GOOFBALLS! I think that sums it up! LOL
Old 02-05-2008, 07:19 PM
<3 mes deux filles <3

I had a dobe a while back, over 15 years now, and he was a sweety. He was quite the cuddle bug and needed to be under the covers every night. lol
Old 02-05-2008, 11:51 PM
Active Pup

Dobes seem to be getting thinner and thinner, and i like a somewhat thicker dobe.

Lots of dogs finish young in their win shots and may look more lith in pics than they fill out to be as adults.
A 75-85lb dog is not a dainty thing