Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 06-29-2005, 05:54 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BagelDog
Yes, I know of that, but give me proof the food is bad. Dont give me the ingredients, because my dogz thrive on them.
What other proof are you looking for? Dont be so cold-hearted.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:55 AM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Maybe bagel has her (his?) reasons for it, but I find it awful and would never support such a thing.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:56 AM
Top Dog

I am really starting to think that some people thrive on nothing more than conflict.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:57 AM
Happy Meal. Yum.

I was thinking, maybe you should switch your dog foods to a high quality food for a while and monitar your dog. Then you can see if your dogs react differently or improve on a better quality food and you'll know if IAMS is crap or not.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:57 AM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedim
I am really starting to think that some people thrive on nothing more than conflict.
Yeah, some people like it. That's how you get troll
Old 06-29-2005, 05:59 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyblue5290
I was thinking, maybe you should switch your dog foods to a high quality food for a while and monitar your dog. Then you can see if your dogs react differently or improve on a better quality food and you'll know if IAMS is crap or not.

Great idea. Although I doubt she will listen. I mean how can you call yourself an animal lover if you willingly support cruelty?
Old 06-29-2005, 06:02 AM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedim
Great idea. Although I doubt she will listen. I mean how can you call yourself an animal lover if you willingly support cruelty?
It would be great if she did do that though. She might see a difference in her dogs and then buy some higher quality food. But your right chances are she wont. As for the animal lover thing, I think she is. I don't know her reasons for supporting IAMS, but I don't want to uspet her.
Old 06-29-2005, 06:07 AM
Top Dog

Well, I cant just worry about not upsetting someone whos paying a company to torture dogs. sorry bagel dog, but I have a passion for dogs. But hey, what can I do? If she wont change her mind with the knowledge she has, then what good is posting gonna do?
Old 06-29-2005, 07:00 AM
Top Dog

It's very disappointing that the companies and Vet's who are supposed to be looking after and care unconditionally for animals can inflect such cruelty.

Veterinarian's are just as cruel when testing and training new Vet students. Some times they gather at one vet school and have student Vets come to train using cats and dogs inflicted with disease or trauma. It's very sad. I also "heard" not sure if this is true (I have never spread this rumor around, just kept it to myself until someone gives me proof), that all pet foods even the brands we love have used the Iams testing for their own dog foods. So, we cannot just blame Iam's and Proctor and Gamble, if the rumor is true then all dog foods have to complete an equal trail and usually just use the one lab. Mordy can probably fill me in on my misquote or my misunderstanding on this.
Old 06-29-2005, 08:46 AM
Felurian

Athe, you'll be relieved to know that NaturaPet doesn't use any of those testing protocols. Their "lab" dogs are rescues, with clean, comfortable living quarters, lots of outside yard time and exercise, normal, pet interactions with the employees, no invasive testing whatsoever, and they are adopted out into well-screened homes while they still have many years of life expectancy ahead of them. Just another reason I love their products!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian