Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 06-28-2005, 11:00 PM
no touchy

I've seen many, many dogs that live long, healthy lives and eat crap. I met a dane that was on a not so high-quality food and had lots of energy and a smooth, fluffy coat. I've also met humans that eat nothing but crap, but still have some of the clearist skin I've seen, and silky hair.

You can feed your dog whatever you want - at least you're feeding him - but pedigree and iams are crap. They simply are. And I choose not to feed my dogs these foods and I choose not to support animal abuse.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:02 PM
Not crazy...

Its not crap if it doesnt kill dogs. Gimme proof its crap. If a dog can eat it and be healthy, its oviously not crap.

Buster, 11 weeks
Old 06-28-2005, 11:07 PM
no touchy

Quote:
Its not crap if it doesnt kill dogs.
There are millions of people out there that eat things like big macs every day. Just because they don't all die early doesn't mean it's good for them. There are people out there that eating not BUT cr@p, and live to be one hundred. But big macs ain't good for anybody.

I kind find both IAMS and Pedigree in both of the cr@ppy grocery stores here.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:12 PM
Island dweller

BagelDog, we've given you resources before on how to find out what a good dog food is. Mordy has plenty of information on her site. I'm not going to do your research for you. If you want to show us that you've already done it then tell us why it's good food. There are plenty of people here who can explain why it's ingredients are inferior. And people can survive on pop and chips but that doesn't mean it's a quality food. Look at the toll it takes on people's bodies eating that kind of food. You have to make your own decisions but I hope you do your research.
Old 06-29-2005, 06:17 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Oh posh it not good for them. I have a 13+ year old dachie that has eaten IAMS since she was 2, and guess what? Still kicken. Guess what? No food related problems. Guess what? Shes Healthy. Iv seen no evidence its bad for them, especially after my dachie has eaten it so long and been fine. Iv heard you all say, ITS BAD! ITS JUNK! DONT FEED DOGS THAT
BagelDog, It is your choice to feed Iams to your dogs. I have a freind who breeds Newfoundland dogs who feeds only Iams and Eukanuba, they survive and they appear healthy...but, if you compared my Newf's to her Newf's you would see a BIG difference. My dogs have beautiful black coats and no skin problems, her Newf's suffer from minor skin problems occasionally and ear infections. Perhaps our purebreds are just more sensitive. I also think the reason her dogs have skin problems is they get no variety at all, day in and day out they only get Eukanuba. These dogs are shown and we can make them look pretty and great for any show. One major reason many breeders go with Iams/Eukanuba is because they sponsor dog shows, lend them tents, give prizes, free food packages, puppy packages, lunch coolers, dog toys, etc away for free...its all for advertising as all products given away have the company name on them
Any way, over all Iams is a better choice than Pedigree dog food, Iams is actually an average dog food and I have fed it to my dogs on occasion. My biggest belief is variety in dog foods from dry mixed with can to home prepared raw, to home cooked to healthy table scraps makes a healthier dog. Over all though Iams/Eukanuba is not a horrible dog food, it has average ingredients in it.
I would recommend other foods over Iams/Eukanuba because I feel if a person is asking for recommendations on diet, they must want to go up in quality of ingredients.
Old 06-29-2005, 06:44 AM
Top Dog

Go To Iamscruelty.com And Watch Some Videos. Then Tell Me If You Want To Buy That For Your Dogs. All You're Doing Is Supporting Animal Abuse, No..animal Torture.
Old 06-29-2005, 06:47 AM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedim
Go To Iamscruelty.com And Watch Some Videos. Then Tell Me If You Want To Buy That For Your Dogs. All You're Doing Is Supporting Animal Abuse, No..animal Torture.
the person already said she new about all the IAMS stuff.
Old 06-29-2005, 06:50 AM
Top Dog

Whoa....Thats not right. I'm at a loss for words.
Old 06-29-2005, 06:50 AM
Happy Meal. Yum.

I know!! It shocked me to!
Old 06-29-2005, 06:53 AM
Top Dog

Isnt that messed up? When I saw those videos, I couldnt believe how thise dogs were neglected. Its like a concentration camp for dogs. And people are supporting it.People who know about it too! Thats just plain disrespect and ignorance.