Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 01-29-2008, 05:32 PM
Oh, it's *you*

Default Foreclosure Pets

Sad, grrr...

ARTICLE

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryngwraythbeagles/
Old 01-29-2008, 06:20 PM
Jack 27/09/94-06/12/07

Recently I've been watching a series about the R.S.P.C.A.

I couldn't believe how many times inspectors go into empty homes and find pets either dead or starving to death.

I don't want to go into too many details but 6 years ago I found through no fault of my own I had less than 2 weeks to leave my home. I had a 4 year old child, a 2 year old child a dog 2 cats and 1 rabbit. I had absolutely no money.

I still remember a 'well meaning'!!! friend???? saying "You'll have to get rid of the dog won't you?" Without thinking I said I'd rather get rid of my son than the dog. She wasn't amused. While I didn't really mean that what I did mean was there was as much chance of me leaving my son behind as leaving the dog behind. It never occured to me that we weren't all going together.

After 10 sleepless days I found a house that would accept all of us and we certainly knew what it was like to be poor we all did without but none of us were cold or hungry.

I will admit I had support from friends and family but that home didn't just fall in my lap for 10 days I spent between 8 and 12 hours trawling papers, agents, shop windows and the streets looking

spare a click please?
Frid says "Thank you for helping me to grow"
Old 01-30-2008, 06:36 AM
Arbitrary and Capricious

I would do the same thing . . . my assumption has always been, through half a dozen moves, some of them across the country that the animals, all of them, are coming. Even the fish.

Unfortunately, many people aren't willing to go the extra mile for their pets. . . . or have no support from anyone, which can make a huge difference.

What truly appalls me is them abandoning the animals in the house. Damaging the building, and consigning the animals to a painful death. If you really can't keep them, why don't you take them to a shelter like a halfway responsible human being. Of course, most people say can't keep them LONG before they really look at all the options.

The Court's extensive review of these pages serves as a useful reminder that loaded guns, sharp objects and law degrees should be kept out of the reach of children.

-- United States Magistrate Judge Paul Cleary

Laughing Shadows Bead & Design: http://www.laughingshadows.com