Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-27-2005, 01:12 AM
Top Dog

Lol, that video clip is hilarious! I loved the part when your cat jumped over Cotton.
Old 06-27-2005, 01:21 AM
Puppy Dog

Thanks. Next week, Cotton will have more video clips on bluetoypoodle.com. Cotton has hours of funny video footage. Diva is a crazy cat. When I walk Cotton, she follows us.
Old 06-27-2005, 01:30 AM
Top Dog

Good! Can't wait to see the other videos, lol
Old 06-27-2005, 08:16 AM
Top Dog

Just to say, if you like having a dog that doesn't look like all the others, you might want to consider a puppy from a rescue. I just got one there, and nobody can say for sure what breed he comes from.

I have nothing against purebred dogs though, it just seems lots of work around here to find a good breeder for the breeds I like, just follow your heart
Old 06-27-2005, 09:12 AM
no touchy

I suggest rescue also. There are five million dogs being euthanized every year, why not rescue one? I think a Greyhound could be a good choice, and you can find many rescue greys. Ibizan Hounds are pretty rare.

You shouldn't choose a dog because of it's looks - that IS one of the factors, but it's not the most important things - you should choose a dog because of it's temperament. How it suites your life is most important.

Yep, Labs are pretty popular in the U.S., and most everyone knows what they are and all that, but they're great dogs! Because they are so popular, there are so many lab mixes out there in need of homes. And let me tell you, yes, they are great dogs!! I rescued my labbie, and she is the sweetest thing. She is such a cuddlebug, she loves everyone, she gets along well with other dogs, and she's always there for me. That's her in my avatar, she'll tolerate anything. . Go onto www.petfinder.com and type in "Lab" I'm positive you'll come up with at least one little sweetie that needs a home.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:56 AM
Top Dog

My new rescue Tips is the sweetest boy as well... we can do anything to him and he doesn't care, and he will come to you wagging his tail all the time. In comparison Boris was already a bit hard to deal with sometimes when we got him.

I think it's because shelter dogs love you even more because you saved them from the shelter/cage (I guess that works for petstore puppies too though), and they are so happy to get some attention. For purebred puppies you get from a breeder, you took them from their mom. sibblings and friends, so you have to make up for it

Last edited by Fran27; 06-27-2005 at 10:21 AM.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:19 AM
Felurian

LOL! Good point, Fran

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-27-2005, 11:00 AM
Top Dog

Gaddy has a good point. Labs are wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!!! Did I say wonderful? No wonder they're so popular. The registered Labs out number any other breed by a huge landslide and have for about 11 or 12 years. And wouldn't it be nice to save a Lab or Lab mix in a shelter?
Old 06-27-2005, 01:58 PM
Top Dog

Well, it is a little late now. I contacted the breeder last night, and I don't want to go through all the trouble of my dad and I making some kind of arguement and compromises and stuff again.
Old 06-27-2005, 02:09 PM
Big German Shepherd

I don't think there's any problem with getting dog that looks good to you.

For example, if x-dog fit my life perfectly I still probably wouldn't get it because I want a dog that looks good to me too... if I didn't like the way that particular dog looked, I wouldn't get it. I know that may sound mean but...

It's like how I love big dogs over small dogs... there are a lot of great small dogs just... they're not for me...

That's how I came to love German Shepherds... I loved the way they look, they were big, not to mention how well-behaved and smart they are from what I've seen before previously getting one.

There were some rough times when as a puppy he was REALLY stubborn but he's beginning to turn into a well-behaved, young dog.

The next dog I get, it will probably be from a shelter though, so there's no wrong in doing that. You save a life and get a great dog.

Good luck with finding the dog for you.