Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-27-2005, 02:14 PM
Top Dog

It just depends on the person, the amount of space to live comfortably and not be cramped, and the funds to care for the amount of dogs that you take in and to keep them healthy with food and vet visits. Everyone is different in this aspect because everyone makes different amounts of money, has different amounts of debt, and has different amounts of living space. Plus, you should factor in the amount of attention that you will be able to give each pet.
Old 06-27-2005, 02:57 PM
Rusty but Trusty

Well the reason I am asking is because the shelter that I got my husky from is offering us a free adoption (whenever we see a dog that we like there). I will be doing A LOT of my work from home so I will have a lot of time to spend with my dogs at home. Also they will be allowed to come into work with me too (funny my dogs can come into work but not my daughter). I know I will be able to feed and give them proper vet care as well. It's just the second the shelter gave us the free adoption it's just been burning a hole in my pocket. I told my husband (who's REALLY into cars) it's like someone giving him a ticket for a free car. He said we can't get the dog yet because this house is WAY too small (it's too small for the three dogs that we have) but once we move then we can start looking at the shelter. He said unless there is a dog there that I ABSOLUTELY must have he'd rather wait. I respect that as well though. Although I think I've had my share of trying to housebreak and all the stuff that goes along with puppies right now (I'd rather get an adult dog that's been housebroken and doesn't chew). I just hate seeing all the dogs at the shelter and knowing that I can get any one of those dogs.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:09 PM
Love my pets

It's really up to you how many dogs you want to have and can take care of. I agree to make sure there aren't any regulations. Here in Connecticut, different towns have laws regarding how many pets you are allowed to have. In one town, you have to own a certain amount of land and have a kennel that so many yards away from the property line depending on the number of dogs.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:18 PM
Puppy Dog

This is the one thing I really hate about Fort Worth, the 3-Dog Limit. Alas, one can not fight City Hall...
Old 06-27-2005, 03:32 PM
Rusty but Trusty

Yeah I will make sure that I check before I bring anymore dogs into our life. I know where I used to live you couldn't have more than three adult dogs unless you are a breeder and could show proper paperwork or something. I'm not breeding my dogs though.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:33 PM
Stare at my avatar....

At my old house, we had about 8 acres inour garden so there we're times where we fostered up to 20 dogs. In my new house though, we only have enough space for about 3 at the totallty max. But you should really get as many dogs as you think is enough, if there arent any restrictions where you live.

It's all fun and games until someone loses and eyeball...then it's PING PONG!!!

Dain bramaged
Old 06-27-2005, 03:47 PM
Playful Husky Pup

There's no such thing as long as you have the money, space, and time

Pets name: Chaos

Pets name: Blue Moon

Pets name: Cajun

Pets name: Smoothie
Old 06-27-2005, 04:02 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

i guess it is just me but i find that i cannot give more then two enuff attention..more then two and we end up with a pecking order. I don't want any animal to feel that i love it less then another, or that they are less important. When we had Sally she was such an omega in the first place and the other puppies would take away her toys, and wouldn't play with her. Bronki was my right hand, Mary my left and poor sally would sit up half the night after the others waiting for her one on one time with me. i finally ended up making certain days of the week Sally days, her special day to sleep next to me, get treats first, and be absolutely the most special. She knew her day too, for she would race to bed, leap up to my pillow and show everyone else her snarling teeth. All Sally ever wanted was to be someone's special. I finally found a home for her with a man that was a friend of Jim's. He took her everywhere he went, he said she even got in the shower with him. He adored her and even tho she was hit by a car the next year, i never regretted letting him have her. he gave her what i could not, the love for just her that she craved so badly. After that i stayed with two and two only.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white cat
Old 06-27-2005, 04:08 PM
Love my pets

I know what you mean Smkie about having more than 2 dogs. Luckily, CJ likes to play with Max but then just likes to walk the yard and be on her own. CJ does come to Max's rescue if Kona gets out of hand. Kona loves to play with Max but still have to calm down that puppy in her. I think Max is the one who gets exhausted. First he plays with CJ, then Kona, then run in the house to see what the cats are up to, and then finally a nap. I do try to give all of them my love.
Old 06-27-2005, 04:25 PM
Not crazy...

Yanya, are you sure about your fort worth 3 dog limit. I live in Dallas, and we have 5 dogz legally. Im pretty sure Fort Worths legal limit is 4.

Buster, 11 weeks