Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 01-28-2008, 08:54 PM
Squishy face

Hmm those are all interesting guesses. I do think that Guthrie is full grown at 30lbs. I thought of chessie when I saw that white patch on his chest in the pics, the chessie we had had a white patch just like that. But Elegy's probably right, Guthrie is probably a Summa Dog .

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!
Old 01-28-2008, 09:37 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet72947 View Post

I do believe you have found a Cutedor Springer Pointer. He's the second one I've ever seen!
Old 01-28-2008, 10:02 PM
Squishy face

Lol nolu, you just may be right!

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!
Old 01-29-2008, 03:44 PM
Top Dog

Some strain of cur or feist (probably too large for feist)/squirrel hunting dog would be my guess. The docked tail/sorta houndy look makes me think it, and your state doesn't hurt either (Meg is from WV). My friend's rescue pulls a lot of dogs from southern shelters, and they can be fairly common. He's a bit small for a Mountain Cur (Meg is 37 lbs, and on the lower end), but I don't know the specifics of all the lines.

Old 01-30-2008, 07:43 AM
Arbitrary and Capricious

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoundedByHounds View Post
assuming his tail was docked and not natural I'd consider all traditionally docked breeds. Most idiots selling puppies in the paper to who knows who, will dock if the dog is even 'part Rotty or Dobe or Aussie' I've noticed.
Actually, I can't hold that against them. Unless the puppy is a truely off color, at the age the puppies are docked, there's really no way to tell what they are. So, if you have a purebred dog, and you bred her to another purebred and somewhere in there another dog got involved (which seems to happen a lot to BYBs, and I know of at least two cases of it happening to otherwise respectable breeders) you very well may not know that the puppies aren't purebreds. So you dock them.

Having held newborn spaniel, beagle, poodle, border terrier, mixed breed, and BC puppies, the markings (and the poodle's wavy fur) were the only hint of the breed. If the breed and the mix were the same color with roughly the same coat texture, there's really no way to tell.

The Court's extensive review of these pages serves as a useful reminder that loaded guns, sharp objects and law degrees should be kept out of the reach of children.

-- United States Magistrate Judge Paul Cleary

Laughing Shadows Bead & Design: http://www.laughingshadows.com
Old 01-30-2008, 08:29 AM
Show Dog

Lab mix/Malinois would be my guess.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:08 AM
Top Dog

I see Mal in there too. The coloring, muzzle, and eyes. Maybe mixed with a smaller hound? Mals aren't real big, many are under 50lbs, so that mixed with something like a beagle could look like this one. Beagle could explain the white patch on the chest and feet.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:05 AM
Rude and Not Ginger

Wow. Hes gorgeous. What is FOHA? Is he up for adoption? He looks almost like my dog, but with different coloring. Mine is a Jack Russell/ Australian Shepherd mix, and he is about thirty two pounds. Maybe he is something like that, and the Jack Russell was why his tail was docked?
Old 02-02-2008, 11:14 PM
BusterLove

there is something "working dog" about the eyes.
like a rotti or a GSD maybe. She's very pretty though

Old 02-02-2008, 11:29 PM
Arbitrary and Capricious

Yep, I think he's a Summa dog

Or you can do what my uncle suggested for Sarama . . . come up with some exotic sounding name . . .and say its a rare breed . . . so rare that he is the only existing member of it.

Sarama is a Virginia Water Shepherd, don't you know.

The Court's extensive review of these pages serves as a useful reminder that loaded guns, sharp objects and law degrees should be kept out of the reach of children.

-- United States Magistrate Judge Paul Cleary

Laughing Shadows Bead & Design: http://www.laughingshadows.com