Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-27-2008, 12:26 PM
Are you dead yet?

When I get my dog bathing tub and grooming table put in the garage, I'll take all the dogs to the park or on a walk anytime. Until then, I have to strip down to my underwear and actually get IN the shower (we have a weird walk-in shower) with the dogs to get them squeaky clean. Pain in the ass, it is, and it's the reason my dogs aren't beautifully groomed. And since my olllllld airforce dryer kicked the bucket for good, I have no way to dry them except with tons of towels and heavy use of the "shake off" command. Or hours with MY hair dryer.

Yeah. I'm not happy with my grooming equipment situation at all. *scowls*
Old 01-27-2008, 12:33 PM
Twin 2.0

Oh I feel your pain! I don't even have the ton of towels...I have like...two. Luckily both these coats dry pretty quickly after a good toweling and "dry off". But yeah...Sawyer's been having a bad hair month and there's nothing I can do to fix it because I can't bathe or dry him properly and will just end up making it look worse.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:50 PM
Are you dead yet?

There's a nice dryer at the shelter that nobody uses, that Karen said I could take home . . . but for the life of me, I can't find a hose for it. What am I supposed to do, pick up the canister itself and aim it at the dog like a grenade launcher?

Wish I knew what model it was, I'd just buy another dang hose. No way can I afford a new dryer right now. *sigh*
Old 01-27-2008, 12:53 PM
Walks into Mordor

Horsemen grooming equipment:
1 water hose
1 spray attachment
1 curry brush

I love my wash n' wear boys. But I digress. That dog park sounds fun! I hope Eve has a good time. And maybe Zap would be okay during a quiet time.
Old 01-27-2008, 01:03 PM
Are you dead yet?

How on earth do you wash them in the winter time, Gemp? I'd have a much easier time of it if I could just take them out in the yard and was them with the hose, but it's frigid and they hate it.
Old 01-27-2008, 01:06 PM
Twin 2.0

I wish I had a hose...these kids go jumping into ponds when they have to break through ice to do it, so I don't worry about that part...but alas. I CANNOT FREAKING WAIT TO MOVE.