Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-25-2008, 05:44 AM
feel the magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
Okay guys, I think it's time for another one of these.. unless we've never actually had an official "how many collars do you have' thread and I'm just remembering all the hijacked picture threads. Gotta give Rebecca something to post about - we were dying while chaz was down but I haven't seen any of her posts since.

Poor Middie has eleven now. Seven martingales, two buckle (leather) and two adjustable. I need to show you guys pics of the new ones. And a pretty box to put them in. And god knows how many bandannas.
Hey!!!! I haven't posted because I have had class all week and when I'm not doing homework or family/home things, I am reading. Or sleeping.

crap. I don't know how many collars Ella has anymore.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:13 AM
*Biter*

I didn't count yet, but I have three storage drawers full. Some are the collars of my former dogs, rescue dogs, etc and I keep them for sentimental reasons. Some are damaged and awaiting the repairs I'll never make. Some are all purpose collars. Some are "for special occasions" and some are junky collars that we only use when it's swim day or real nasty out.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:30 AM
just call me Nilly

I've had Sierra since October, and we have 5 collars already. (I have to post pictures of the two new ones!)

Matt thinks I'm crazy with 5! He wants to put a stop to my collar purchasing I'm going to put a hold on it for a little bit, until he isn't thinking about it anymore, then I have a collarmania shopping spree calling out to me.

She also has 3 leashes.

Julia: Mom to Sierra (adorable mutt - Basset x Cattledog is our best guess these days) Buddy (noisy but awesome DSH tabby cat) and Carter (adorable human baby) RIP Nya 1994(?) - 2010
Old 01-25-2008, 06:40 AM
Arbitrary and Capricious

Counting training collars . . . 5 (2 training, one puppy collar now retired, everyday and special occasion)

Leashes . . . actually like 4 of them (everyday 6 foot, buddy system for hiking, 15 foot long line and 50 foot long line)

The Court's extensive review of these pages serves as a useful reminder that loaded guns, sharp objects and law degrees should be kept out of the reach of children.

-- United States Magistrate Judge Paul Cleary

Laughing Shadows Bead & Design: http://www.laughingshadows.com
Old 01-25-2008, 08:17 AM
Water Junkie

Lizzie has 10, plus I kept her collars and leash from when she was a puppy.

I'm way more addicted to leads, though, since she's a long haired dog and collar's don't show up very well on her. Atleast 15 of those, lol.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 01-25-2008, 09:34 AM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

I can think of 6 off the top of my head, not counting puppy collars in their boxes. But now that we've found collarmania and ellaslead... I may catch up to some of you. LOL.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:17 AM
and Fozzie B!

Gonzo has 2 rolled leather collars (one teal, one black), 3 flat leather collars (one blue, one white with hearts, one black with little round studs), a thin choker, 4 harnesses (do those count? a blue one, an orange one, and a yellow one all by Rogz, and a multi-colored Flyball harness with a handle), and 2 cloth/nylon collars (one that's red and says "Everybody Loves Me" and a rainbow one). = 12. His normal collar is the black rolled leather.

Fozzie has 3 leather collars (one green, one yellow with little bullet studs, one rolled black), 1 nylon/chain martingale collar (yellow with multi-colored bones), 1 nylon martingale collar (lime green), 2 harnesses (one green plaid, one orange hemp), 1 hemp collar (green), and 1 nylon collar (one with ladybugs on it by Lupine). = 9. His normal collar is the green hemp.

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie

Last edited by ihartgonzo; 01-25-2008 at 10:39 AM.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:32 AM
Big Dog

Boy has four, Saffie nine.
These are the ones I use, I also have some old puppie-collars and an old leather collar that came with Boy.
Saffie has more because I had more time to find collars for her then for Boy.
Saffie also has a harnass for agility training.

The other day I bought a nice leather collar for Boy, but I accidentally bought it too small. It fits, but just too tight to be comfortable. At first I wanted to return it, but it fits Saffie so I kept it. And Saffie really needed another collar
I guess now I have to buy the exact same one a size bigger for Boy

I love collars, I always want more. And the dogs don't even wear them in the house, I always take them off. When we go for walks I always use the same old nylon collars, so I'm not sure why I always want more.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:38 AM
Top Dog

Sizzle...OMG. that is ridiculous.

Milo's the deprived kid here with only four. And they're not even THAT cute. I've still got his puppy collar, then the boring black one i used after he grew out of his puppy collar, a cute blue and orange one with a pattern, his leather one...he had two harnesses but he ate them.

He'd have more but you can't really see them on him and i'm poor

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 01-25-2008, 10:42 AM
Lord Cynical

Honestly, I think buying collars is my version of "sitting on the couch in pyjamas and eating a tub of ice cream". When I've had a bad day, all I want is a Snickers bar and a Coke, then go out and get something nice for the dogs - or if the weather permits, take the dogs for a long hike!