Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 06-26-2005, 12:33 PM
user not active

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddylovesdogs
OK, now that's just stupid. They could at least euthanize it properly.
Ah didnt see that when i first read the article.

Agree, that is stupid.
Old 06-26-2005, 11:02 PM
Big Mutts

It is entirely the owner's fault. And you would think they would have socialized this dog with children, the lady is a school teacher, for crying out loud! If you're gonna have a dog, teach it some manners. It's obvious that they didn't care at all for the dog or he couldn't have just shot him like that.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:51 AM
Felurian

How can you shoot - in cold blood - anything you love? These people just sound callous no matter how you look at it. Frightening when you think that one is a teacher and the other a cop . . . just the kind of people who don't need to be in either profession.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-27-2005, 11:03 AM
Happy

>A six-year-old girl needed 30 stitches after being savaged by a policeman's pet dog.<

Bad dog.
Old 06-27-2005, 11:16 AM
Felurian

Bad dogs generally are a reflection of bad owners. There's plenty of blame to go around on this one.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-27-2005, 11:18 AM
Happy

From what I could tell the blame lies in the dog who tried to eat a kid from the spine out, and the cop who owned such a rotten animal.
Old 06-27-2005, 11:21 AM
Felurian

Like I said . . . you find a "bad dog" you'll find a bad owner just about every time.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-27-2005, 11:39 AM
Happy

Well, that's kind of a given. I generally assume criminals had a bad upbringing too.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:15 PM
Felurian

The 'nature vs. nurture' theories in human behaviour have advocates both way. Human behaviour, I have found, is much more aberrant and unpredictable than canine behaviour. Dogs are far easier to train than humans, and tend to have a less irrationally combative - and irrational - nature than we do.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-27-2005, 01:41 PM
Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il
The 'nature vs. nurture' theories in human behaviour have advocates both way. Human behaviour, I have found, is much more aberrant and unpredictable than canine behaviour. Dogs are far easier to train than humans, and tend to have a less irrationally combative - and irrational - nature than we do.
You obviously never owned a terrier. Kidding, kidding. I agree that dogs are noble, but that's because we created them to be that way. They're carnivores who can kill us, so they have to be noble creatures or we're in serious trouble. Notice we didn't create the domesticated cat to weigh 50lbs. My point was that this is a rotten dog and I see nothing particularly sad about his/her being shot to death. OK, the likelihood is that the owner was to blame too - at the very least, he was careless with the dog, which is pretty bad when you consider the consequences - but the dog was not an innocent actor. We say they can be noble, ie, forebearing and forgiving, so why do so many people flinch from holding dogs to account when they are not noble?