Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 01-17-2008, 08:50 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

don'tcha just love backyard breeders? arrrgh. I remember that one that had the marking of a perfect heart in her fur, brown against a white background. I thought how sweet until i read the breeder saying "in a thousand puppies this has never happened before". NOt one word about her being a puppy mill. Made me want to scream. Thank God for dedicated people like the workers in the video.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 01-17-2008, 09:44 AM
Rescue Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by smkie View Post
don'tcha just love backyard breeders? arrrgh. I remember that one that had the marking of a perfect heart in her fur, brown against a white background. I thought how sweet until i read the breeder saying "in a thousand puppies this has never happened before". NOt one word about her being a puppy mill. Made me want to scream. Thank God for dedicated people like the workers in the video.
It is a problem that most people turn a blind eye to AND they are regulated by state government...I just got in 3 puppy mill "cast offs"...the poor little ones were used as breeders until they got too old to perform. They have never been out of cages, not even to breed because the males and females were kept together as to never miss a heat...they were given food and water in the cages and the cages were hosed out with them inside, so they never had any human contact (except to snatch away their babies before they are ready to be weaned...). It is a sick and disgusting thing. It makes me so angry to know that the state licenses them and that inspectors are well aware of the living conditions and they continue to pass inspection. It angers me because the same state inspectors are constantly writing the local shelters up on stupid things when the shelters are trying to do good...I understand there are hundreds of dogs where these came from. It breaks my heart.

I've been frosted!