Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-13-2008, 10:00 AM
Top Dog

Default Brad Pattison, At The End of My Leash?? OMG

It figures Canada would find it's own CM. This joker is from Alberta, now we have two guys on t.v putting dog training back 20 years YAH!!
When is there going to be a dog training program that promotes PR and how awesome it is??
Old 01-13-2008, 10:05 AM
Top Dog

I can't stand this show. Besides the fact that I am not a fan of his techniques, he is so OBNOXIOUS!
Old 01-13-2008, 12:04 PM
Show Dog

The presenter is a lunatic. Off his rocker. I love how he claims to have 15 years experience working with dogs, yet I have never seen ANY evidence of those credientials. None.

Some of the "training" that goes on in that show in my mind is cruelty. I can barely bring myself to watch it.

Quote:
When is there going to be a dog training program that promotes PR and how awesome it is??
I long for that day. I really do. Both this show and Millan's show send an awful message to the general population about how to train a dog. If your dog training knowledge was limited (and, let's face it, most of the people on dog related forums are the dog owning minority in terms of knowledge) to begin with and you saw one of these shows, you would think that 'training' a dog in such as way was the norm. The way these shows are edited makes it look like these abusive methods actually work.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:24 PM
<--------Orson

I don't believe we get that here in the states...........or if we do I haven't seen it yet.

If it's like the 'other show' with CM........NO thanks

I DO like the lady from "it's me or the dog" and her name (I know it so well) escapes me at this moment! I LOVE how she handles the people AND the dogs!
Old 01-13-2008, 01:02 PM
Top Dog

Was "It's me or the Dog" canceled? It used to be on Fridays but I have not been able to find it on anywhere

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 01-13-2008, 01:09 PM
Top Dog

Well, I must be dense because I don't even understand what the heck Brad is doing. Every show seems to be the same---the owners take the dogs over jumps and small stone walls and go for a walk. Then Brad becomes a marriage counsellor and tells them to go on a date or spend time painting their house---what the devil does dinner have to do with dog training????

And he's rude and beligerant. The owners want help. They aren't stupid people--they just need help with training. He talks to them like they are 5 years old.
Old 01-13-2008, 01:11 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACooper View Post
I don't believe we get that here in the states...........or if we do I haven't seen it yet.

If it's like the 'other show' with CM........NO thanks

I DO like the lady from "it's me or the dog" and her name (I know it so well) escapes me at this moment! I LOVE how she handles the people AND the dogs!

I've not seen the show, but is her name Victoria Seawell (or something like that)
Old 01-13-2008, 01:17 PM
Top Dog

I saw this show for the first time the other night - it was useless.
Old 01-13-2008, 01:53 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
I've not seen the show, but is her name Victoria Seawell (or something like that)
Close, Victoria Stilwell she's the best dog trainer I've seen on TV. and I answered my own question it was not canceled the season just ended, it will be back on Feb. 10th

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 01-13-2008, 02:05 PM
Twin 2.0

I love watching "It's me or the dog"! I was skeptical at first because of the way the trailers were shown, but I like her.