Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-12-2008, 02:24 PM
Agility freak!

Default Bella... [Exciting News!]

Loves water!

Woot! I've always wanted a dog who liked water. I would have worked on Zoey and her liking it, but I got her too late, and now she hates it..

Anywho. All along, since I first met Bella, I've had signs about her love for water...
*Used to paw at her water, to make it splash up on her face
* Romps around in mud puddles any chance she could get
And the two newest ones.
*The top layers of our pond had melted, and Bella jumped the fence to go over, and run through the melted water on top of the pond, grabbing mouthfuls of water, and splashing with her huge puppy paws.
*The other day when I was working Zoey, and I let Bella out after, she ran through the puddles that had probably 2-3 inches of water on them, and she was doing the same thing she did on the pond.

I don't know if she'll like deep water, but I'm going to try in the summer. It's cold now, so I can't figure out why she's playing in the water this time of the year (It's cold here!), but I'm hoping she'll like it in the summer too!

I haven't given her a bath yet, but plan on doing so the next nice day we have...

*sigh* I would just love it if she liked water! I could bring her to the beach, and maybe then Zoey would like the water too!

Okay, I'm done now.

Zoey - Mini Aussie / Psyche - Border Collie / Simi - GSD
Forever Missed Bella - GSD [03-11-07 - 09-17-10]
Going For 'Good Dog!' Blog
Old 01-12-2008, 02:31 PM
Water Junkie

YAY Glad she likes water.

Having a "water dog" is awesome fun during the summer. *Taken about 2 years ago*

She LOVED it.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 01-12-2008, 02:42 PM
Agility freak!

Well, Bella doesn't like being sprayed... Her old owner told me that... but I'm hoping she likes swimming

Old 01-12-2008, 04:26 PM
Just try me..

Mine hate baths and spray..but all love being in the pond. Zo is hysterical. For a whole year she would run around the pond screaming at the dogs who were swiming. Every now and then she would fall in (there is no shallow part to the pond..the sides go straight down) she would get out as fast as she could. Now she is maniacle about swimming. Will swim for 30 min + (no exaggeration at ALL) without touching shore or bottom, in lakes, rivers, pools etc. Dekka is funny. She never swims on her own but will jump into any body of water for a stick. After agility practice she will dance along the shore line until I get there with a stick..then-

So even if Bella doesn't like her bath, don't be disappointed..I am sure she will like water.
Old 01-12-2008, 04:42 PM
Agility freak!

I am sure she will to...

The old owner said she was okay about a bath, but I'm going to do my best to make her like them, like I am with Zoey..

I'm just hoping, Bella will help Zoey to realize the water WONT eat her! lol

Old 01-12-2008, 04:48 PM
Just try me..

many of mine didn't start swimming in the pond right away, they watched the others for a while first. So maybe Zoey will too.
Old 01-12-2008, 04:52 PM
Agility freak!

I hope so! You'd think Zoey, my scared of nothing, would stare a bear down, would love water... But I guess not.

Old 01-12-2008, 07:16 PM
Top Dog

haha Dekka, isn't it hilarious to see a short-legged terrier swimming for a long time? Yes, water dogs are tons of fun. Unfortunately no beaches here allow dogs, plus Milo can't really be off leash if one did allow dogs, but he LOVES the pool.

i have none of him actually swimming

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 01-12-2008, 07:28 PM
Let it be

Bandit and Spanky's breeder lived on acres and had a river going through their property. When my mom picked up Spanky he was in the river with all his littermates and mom. So she had a stinky wet puppy. Both boys still love water. My driveway floods really bad and they have their own personal swimming pool. They LOVE it. Anything wet that will get them stinky. Not the biggest fans of the bath tub but they tolerate it. So don't be discouraged if she hates bathes. My water dogs don't really like them.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:31 PM
Top Dog

Milo jumps in the bathtub any chance he gets.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com