Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-12-2008, 12:59 PM
Water Junkie

Major never comes in my room. And HATES her crates with a passion.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 01-12-2008, 01:52 PM
Big Dog

I've had a soft side crate for my dog since he was a little puppy. I didn't realize a pup might chew his way out of it when I bought it before I brought him home, but it turned out mine never tried to do that. It has been slightly damaged from him scratching a little but that has always been his way of telling me he needs to go out as he doesn't bark. Overall I prefer the soft side crate over the metal crate cause it's so easy to take with us when needed, he's never flipped it over (although I don't think he has really tried, he knows it's his place to relax and sleep) and he feels much calmer in it when he can't see out that well.
Old 01-12-2008, 03:01 PM
Top Dog

Lizmo - the one you are looking at is the one I have for Meg at trials. Although I would never use a soft crate for a dog who wasn't already crate trained, that is without a doubt the nicest soft crate I've seen, and can't recommend it enough. Much, much sturdier than a lot of the ones I've seen - I can practically sit on it and it doesn't give at all. It's also nice because you can order replacement covers if something does happen to it (granted the covers are the most expensive part, but you still would save some money).

I spent quite a bit more on my Noz-to-Noz than I would have with a lot of the other brands, but am really glad I did.

Old 01-12-2008, 03:10 PM
Top Dog

This is the soft sided crate I have for Caleb:
http://www.petedge.com/catalog/produ...templateType=1

I love it becasue it's light weight and easy to set up/take down. It's a bit bigger than I anticipated, tho. I went with the exterior measurements of my Vari Kennel, forgetting the soft sided crate would have the same interior demensions as exterior. Caleb did almost flip it the first time he used it- he threw himelf against the side when he laid down. We had a Doberman at class once who rolled his softsided crate across the floor.
A word of warning for those who use them in vehicles- soft sided crates won't offer protection in a car accident.
Old 01-12-2008, 03:41 PM
Just try me..

The Noztonoz are very nice crates..I see them a lot at trials. But my exp with soft crates isn't good. Kaiden is the model dog in a crate, doesn't dig, bark, whine. He will happily spend all day in his crate if he has too. (weird for a JRT isn't he) goes in very willingly etc. As soon as you leave him alone in a soft crate he is through. As he is my best behaved dog in a crate I hesitate to try anyone else in one.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:09 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
Although I would never use a soft crate for a dog who wasn't already crate trained,

I agree, with a dog who is already crate trained and knows to
behave in your crate they are great. Charlie has a big metal
one for at home, but when traveling we recently got a
soft sided one and it works great.