Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 01-10-2008, 06:22 PM
ĜȫƝ ₩īĿ

Default DJD Rated Dogs

Related to this thread Here the question regarding elbow & hip dysplasia being either primary or secondary and the choice of breeding DJD Rated dogs, I would like to know more..... not from phenotype verses genotype or medicine either for that matter, I would like know why "reputable" breeders choose to breed DJD Rated dogs radiologically or why they don't ? What are the Pro's and Con's ?
What are your predominants in primary verses secondary ?

Actually I have a final Composition due in 2 weeks. In light of Dani's thread title and known breeders I know from browsing forums, I would like a personal views of why or why not on this issue for my final grade ?

No fight is intended here, I would like to fraction the ideas of medicine, phenotypes, genotypes and reputable knowledge of the public concerning this disease and breeding dogs. Thanks in advance.

Quote:
Sooo, what would the results tell you ? Do you care about the results? Or do you care about your Reputable Breeding ? Do you care about the "betterment for the breed" or do you care about personal gain ?

If a Bitch is Rated DJD1 would you breed to a dog with DJD1 ? Would you look for a Sire with DJD1 Rated diarthrodial on opposits to your Bitch ? Or would bite your lip and Spay your Bitch ?

If you do Breed a dame and sire DJD1 Rated dogs what is the rarefaction of the Progeny ?
Old 01-10-2008, 06:37 PM
RedyreRottweilers

So let me get this straight.

You are going to use information you gather from anonymous posters on an internet forum for your "final" composition?

This subject has been well discussed here and on other forums. Try a search.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:38 PM
RedyreRottweilers

Please define, in terms a lay person can understand, exactly what you mean by
Quote:
If you do Breed a dame and sire DJD1 Rated dogs what is the rarefaction of the Progeny
Old 01-10-2008, 06:38 PM
RedyreRottweilers

Can you also please explain what this means?
Quote:
I would like to fraction the ideas of medicine, phenotypes, genotypes and reputable knowledge of the public concerning this disease and breeding dogs
Old 01-10-2008, 06:40 PM
RedyreRottweilers

what is radiologically?
Old 01-10-2008, 06:42 PM
Twin 2.0

Don't bother Red, Personality #5 went digging through some vet websites again and you're only asking to have more non-credited information copy/pasted.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:42 PM
RedyreRottweilers

And since your question is directed at me and my choice to breed my bitch, who is DJD1 unilateral left, to a dog who is DJD1 unilateral right, I will answer.

I do not consider unilateral DJD1 a hereditary issue in Rottweilers. My bitch was screened to have normal elbows at OVC.

I made this decision because both dogs are completely sound and he suited my bitch very well.

If you have any more questions of me, please be direct.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:05 AM
Are you dead yet?

For someone trying to talk smart, you're managing to sound awfully stupid. I'd like some clarification to your grammar and word choices, too, because your post makes no sense to me.

You know quite well that this is a subject that has been hashed and re-hashed on this forum. Go do a search and you'll get all the information you need.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:17 PM
Twin 2.0

Do these posts ever remind anyone else of someone playing Mad Libs?
Old 01-11-2008, 06:35 PM
BRTLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedyreRottweilers View Post
And since your question is directed at me and my choice to breed my bitch, who is DJD1 unilateral left, to a dog who is DJD1 unilateral right, I will answer.

I do not consider unilateral DJD1 a hereditary issue in Rottweilers. My bitch was screened to have normal elbows at OVC.

I made this decision because both dogs are completely sound and he suited my bitch very well.

If you have any more questions of me, please be direct.

I am still learning here and started my own thread for the samething. Too learn!

Does unilateral not mean environmental? Meaning injury caused?

I think in the other thread I was perhaps confusing this with genetics! Not sure still trying to get it all straight in my own head because I need to know all about this stuff!