Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-11-2008, 09:21 PM
Are you dead yet?

Bax, he IS steadier on his feet. He can trot and canter now without stumbling like he did before. He's still clumsy, but less so than he was a few days ago.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:27 PM
swimming upstream

that's amazing--what a week's worth of love and good care can do!! I'm proud of you!
Old 01-11-2008, 10:39 PM
Top Dog

He's such a gorgeous boy. I'm so glad to hear just how well everything is going with him.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:43 PM
Bloody but Unbowed

He is looking better already. I have a feeling he is going to be a real clown once he knows it's OK to be really silly. I wonder how much hound there is in there? I love the way he looks at you. it's love already.

Thanks Baxter'smybaby. You're the Best.
Bless All the Abandoned Animals, Left to Die Alone, Abandoned, Frightened, and Confused
Old 01-12-2008, 12:00 AM
Water Junkie

Glad to see more pictures of him! You can tell in his eyes he's a bit more relaxed

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 01-12-2008, 01:16 AM
Twin 2.0

He is looking better already...it's amazing what a change in venue can do for a dog...

Who needs sleep?

CrazyDog Photography CrazyDog on Facebook
Scent Sweet Home--Scentsy Wickless Candles Follow me!-Fall/Winter 2013 catalogs available!
Have Aussie, Will Travel--A Blog updated 5/26/12

Thanks Alliemackie!
Old 01-12-2008, 01:35 AM
Snow Girl

Wow he IS looking good!

"When the rain pours down from the heavens, take my hand and spin me around and we shall dance through the barn at midnight until the moon pokes through the clouds once more and the stars continue our dances in the skies"
Old 01-12-2008, 02:23 AM
Are you dead yet?

Unfortunately as he relaxes and settles in, the lack of socialization and stability in his life is becoming more painfully obvious.

Noises bother him greatly. If he can see the source of the noise, he's fine (clickers, me stomping my feet, kicking a can around, etc. Anything except for cars. He hates those.) but if it's an unknown noise with no apparent source, like the garage door opening or my fool neighbor flying his helicopter just a few hundred feet above the ground, he runs right into his crate and shuts down - doesn't respond to my voice or requests for him to come out or look at me. I can touch him and he doesn't even seem to feel it. This is going to be a LOT of work I'm going to order the Control Unleashed book for myself for my birthday, I think that'll help me teach him to work through things like this.

When he's not spooked by loud sounds, he's very confident and responsible. He's positive that the garage (his crate in particular - that's his safe place) is his now and if he hears anything suspicious, he paces the area, goes outside, rumbles a bit and comes back in to sit by the door. I love how watchful he is and I'm pretty **** sure he wouldn't let anyone in if he didn't know them well. But a word of advice - if you want to break into my garage without Z all over you, just use a helicopter or open up the automatic door.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:31 AM
<--------Orson

I think ALOT of those issues will be worked out just by being with you daily, getting out and about, and seeing nothing bad happens with those strange noises.

Since you said he was in the shelter since august...........THAT is a long time to be caged up, and a long time with just the same old routine everyday.

I am confident in you BOTH.........I know you will take this boy as far as he can go RD
Old 01-12-2008, 09:35 AM
Felurian

I think Coop's completely on the money there.

Man, I am just so GONE on Zap I think you've found yourself a magik dog there, Grace.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian