Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 01-11-2008, 12:43 AM
ME+DOGS=CRAZY

If I walked into someone killing my dog..I'd go insane too. No, insane isn't the right word, thought it might seem to be. I'd just..do what instinct told me to do I guess..I mean, you walk in, see your dog dead at the hands of two 'friends'..What would you do? Go insane? or just follow your instincts? Who knows...

I for one would attack anyone if they did such a thing to Samm..Kill them? maybe not, mostly cuz I don't really have that kinda power in me..Beat the crap out of them? Yes..
where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace."
~Milan Kundera
Old 01-11-2008, 02:26 AM
DILLIGAF?

If I cought anyone doing that to my girl, they would have the same fate.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:40 AM
Arbitrary and Capricious

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M's Mommy View Post
I'm with you all the way, so you're not alone.

Grammy, getting upset is one thing, but getting enflammed in the rage to the point where one cannot think straight is another. Isn't the ability to reason & control ourselves sets us apart from other animals?

Also, isn't is true most crimes happened because the criminals were in some kind of emotional rage and lost the ability to control his acts? Normal people in normal situations are not capable of extreme hedious acts such as killing. Or at least I hope so.
It is what sets us a part from animals . . . but we are still animals . . . and this would not be a normal situation. As for normal people in normal situations . . . I think it depends on how you define normal . . . but I'm pretty sure that coming home to find your friends eating your dog is just not normal.

The law does, rightly, punish acts commited in a blind rage . . . but in most states recognizes the fact that enough provokation will send people into a blind rage . . . they SHOULD control themselves . . . but we understand why they don't or can't. That's one reason why such cases are often handled as volintary manslaughter, rather than murder. The killer should be punished, but not as severely as someone who spontaniously commits an act of homicidal aggression. I personally agree with this . . . it serves both the need to make people responsible for their actions and their recognition that we are faliable .. . and that a person who killed when serverely provoked is probably not a 'criminal' by nature . . .

What would I do? Honestly, I know that I would be mad beyond all belief . . . perhaps so mad that it wouldn't occur to me to grab a weapon .. . I'd have a hard time killing someone without one. Perhaps in the time it took to grab a weapon, it would occur to me that I was a) outnumbered and b) didn't want to go to jail. There's also the possibility that I would faint or run screaming out the door. Or calmly pick up the phone and call the police. I think its really, really hard to know what we would do in such bizarre, emotionally stressful situations.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:18 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by anna84 View Post
I was raised up to believe you always protect whats yours. I would kill in defense of my family, I would kill in revenge if someone ever hurt them. And if I had been that man I would have done the exact same thing. Lives are not equal I place my families life over anything and I place my pets life over 2 punks who would come into my house and butcher my dog. Besides
Well said

IMHO Dogs are family and we have a duty to protect our family. We have enter a social contract with the dog....we have to hold up our end!

Last edited by Amstaffer; 01-11-2008 at 07:38 AM.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:54 AM
Just try me..

I understand how killing in a rage happens, to me that makes perfect sense. But killing for revenge, well isn't that how never ending feuds and wars start. Cause now others are going to want to kill you for revenge..and so on and so on.

Killing someone in revenge, doesn't do anything to help you, and if they are dead..well that is quick, compared to living with the stigma of what they did. And now you have caused others to loose their loved ones.

Yes to me my dogs lives are very important. I love Dekka far more than I love most people (immediate family excluded, I love her almost as much) But I would never plan to kill someone out of revenge..even if they killed my son. 2 wrongs do not make a right.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:47 AM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
... I would never plan to kill someone out of revenge...
We're assuming this man had the cognitive abilities at the time of seeing his dog being sliced to go through the thought process of... "these guys killed me dog... hmm.. they should pay... yes, yes, how exactly...." etc. etc..

There's this funny system we've got- flight or fight. I can't say what I would do, but I'm sure it would be fight- my dogs are my family and just as if I came home to find someone beating up/in the process of killing my husband, I'd fight with all I had.

Am I capable of killing someone? I don't know, I've never done it before, but I would FIGHT and I would go to the end of the earth to protect what is mine and that includes my husbands, my dogs and my cat.

And it's nice to say that maybe the two men living with the guilt would be enough.. but who says they would ever feel guilt for what they did? If one can even decide to kill a dog- for whatever supposed personal benefits- then I highly doubt that that person would ever feel guilt.

It's a sick world.

Old 01-11-2008, 10:21 AM
Top Dog

I doubt if I'd have killing them in my mind ..... but with rage and an ax , I know I'd be striking out .

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 01-11-2008, 10:26 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbatd View Post
WAY beyond rude ..... unforgivable !!! I'd starve before killing a friend's dog !!

Unfortunately the human brain has mechinism that break down our aversion to killing and eating the things we love in the name of survival. Why do you think history has so many cases of cannabilism?? Ship mates, eating other shipmates, when lost at sea? People cutting off their own fingers, toes and feet for food? I doubt these people killed and ate the dog because they were short a nickel for a hamburger on the 99cent menue at Mc-D's.
Siberia is a brutal place. I doubt anyone here knows what life in Russia is really like, how the people do starve to death and die violent and tragic deaths. It is nothing like America, you are not going to run down to the local grocery store and be able to dumpster dive for a meal. There are no big chain well stocked stores and what stores there are have to ration the food which is often rotted (by our standards).
I honestly don't know what I would do in the situation. If my family was starving, my friends were starving, and all that there was to eat was the dog?
I just don't know. I think this is a tragic and horrible story. So very sad for everyone involved.

http://www.consumerfreedom.com/
http://www.naiaonline.org/
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/pet-law/
Old 01-11-2008, 11:01 AM
Top Dog

I'm sure there are fish and wild animals and fowl .

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 01-11-2008, 01:10 PM
Top Dog

How does the guy know that he isn't next on the "Menu"....I think kiling the was self defense. If the broke in and killed his dog and ate it....I think it is reasonable to think they intended him serious harm.