Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 01-10-2008, 07:56 PM
Owned by 3 mutts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amstaffer View Post
How about self-defense or the defense of your family?

Plus swinging an ax is not that hard.
Self defense is a totally different situation. In this case, you're forced to choose either your life or your offender's life - and the only logical & right choice is you should first and formost protect your life & the life of your loved one.

Except when it's truly a self-defense act, and there are no other alternatives, I really cannot think of any other reasons that can justify taking another human being's life.

Thanks~Jessie~

I believe in the Sun, even when it's not shinning
I believe in Love, even when not feeling it

I believe in God, even when He's silent.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:11 PM
Top Dog

Pure emotional rage !! May not be right in the eyes of the law ....but I'm sure I wouldn't have stood back and said ... " Gee , you killed and are cutting up my best friend .... let me have a smoke and a glass of wine and think about this . "

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 01-10-2008, 08:34 PM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amstaffer View Post
How about self-defense or the defense of your family?

Plus swinging an ax is not that hard.
It is when you've had your back broken in three places.

As for self defense, if I had the choice I would run, or cripple and run. I took kickboxing for several years and have a pretty realistic idea of what my fighting capabilities are, and they are not very impressive. If someone was threatening me or my family that seriously, I'd probably go down in their defense. I would definitely fight with everything I had, just probably wouldn't be enough to do them in.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:46 PM
Puddle Duck

Uhh... Maybe I'm alone on this. I didn't read the whole page but...

Yeah I would be pretty upset and pissed if I walked in and someone was butchering my dog. But seriously, killing them is not going to bring the dog back and I kinda go on a human life is more important then a dogs life. Yes I would miss my dog dearly and be horribly upset and depressed, but not enough to want to KILL someone. It wouldn't be worth it. A human life greatly out ways a dogs life.

If I had words to make a day for you,
I'd sing a morning golden & true
I would make this day last for all time
then fill the night deep with moonshine
Old 01-10-2008, 09:12 PM
Owned by 3 mutts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyoftheValley View Post
Uhh... Maybe I'm alone on this. I didn't read the whole page but...

Yeah I would be pretty upset and pissed if I walked in and someone was butchering my dog. But seriously, killing them is not going to bring the dog back and I kinda go on a human life is more important then a dogs life. Yes I would miss my dog dearly and be horribly upset and depressed, but not enough to want to KILL someone. It wouldn't be worth it. A human life greatly outweights a dogs life.
I'm with you all the way, so you're not alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammy
Pure emotional rage !! May not be right in the eyes of the law ....but I'm sure I wouldn't have stood back and said ... " Gee , you killed and are cutting up my best friend .... let me have a smoke and a glass of wine and think about this . "
Grammy, getting upset is one thing, but getting enflammed in the rage to the point where one cannot think straight is another. Isn't the ability to reason & control ourselves sets us apart from other animals?

Also, isn't is true most crimes happened because the criminals were in some kind of emotional rage and lost the ability to control his acts? Normal people in normal situations are not capable of extreme hedious acts such as killing. Or at least I hope so.

Thanks~Jessie~

I believe in the Sun, even when it's not shinning
I believe in Love, even when not feeling it

I believe in God, even when He's silent.

Last edited by M&M's Mommy; 01-10-2008 at 09:33 PM.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:19 PM
Puppy Dog

... I'm 13, but if I walked in on someone butchering ANY animal that was a pet, even if it wasn't mine, I'd lose it. I may not end up killing them, but they would suffer way worse than murder. Yes, they're animals, but when I had my old dog, I NEEDED her, screw my family, my DOG would come first. She was a suicide preventer.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:00 PM
We are Home.

OK at least in my case my dog has saved my life if I hadnt had him 3 years ago and if he hadnt loved me I would be dead. No doubt about that. He deserves what he gave me. And that is protection and love and total devotion. Which if I found someone killing my dog who is in all aspects of the word my soul mate then they would find them selves in teh same position as if they had tried to kill me with him around.

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 01-10-2008, 10:02 PM
Top Dog

I was raised up to believe you always protect whats yours. I would kill in defense of my family, I would kill in revenge if someone ever hurt them. And if I had been that man I would have done the exact same thing. Lives are not equal I place my families life over anything and I place my pets life over 2 punks who would come into my house and butcher my dog. Besides Renee had it right, it's all in the wording. You don't say I killed in revenge, you say I killed because I was scared that their were 2 bloody strangers in my house
Old 01-10-2008, 10:17 PM
Are you dead yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anna84 View Post
I was raised up to believe you always protect whats yours. I would kill in defense of my family, I would kill in revenge if someone ever hurt them. And if I had been that man I would have done the exact same thing. Lives are not equal I place my families life over anything and I place my pets life over 2 punks who would come into my house and butcher my dog. Besides Renee had it right, it's all in the wording. You don't say I killed in revenge, you say I killed because I was scared that their were 2 bloody strangers in my house
Agreed, Anna.

To me, it's not fair to say that a human life outweighs that of a dog. A life is a life, and if ANY life form is threatening you or your family (family includes dogs) IMO it's fair to use lethal force if it won't back off. I'd kill a dog, human, cat, cow, whatever if it was trying to take the life of me, my loved ones or my dogs - who are VERY important members of my family and mean just as much to me as children do to families who have kids. Maybe when I have kids I'll feel differently, but right now, throwing away all PC-ness, these dogs are my "kids" and I will defend them with all I have. Just the same way I would defend my parents, brothers or best friends.

My guess is that the guy didn't stop to think about the situation. Who would?
Old 01-10-2008, 10:19 PM
Felurian

My dogs would kill for me, of that I have no doubt. How could I do any less for them?

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian