Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-24-2005, 10:22 AM
Don't encourage me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il
Actually, when you want a specific breed or specific bloodlines it's a good way to be able to get that, but you do have to do your homework thoroughly on the breed and breeder!
What I meant really was that, If I was a breeder I wouldn't just let my pups go like that to someone I hadn't met or knew nothing about. But that's just me.

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 06-24-2005, 10:23 AM
Top Dog

If I were a breeder, I sure wouldn't sell a puppy to someone over the Internet. I'd be so picky who got my pups.
Old 06-24-2005, 11:19 AM
Top Dog

This scam has been going on for some time now, I was contacted last year, same thing, I told many about it then.

There are also another few, whereby someone in Nigeria, wants to make a money transfer out of Nigeria, for many different reasons, (goverment taking it, to save on taxes, etc etc) they ask you for your bank details to transfer LARGE AMOUNTS OF MONEY into your account and in return they will pay you a considerable sum for this to happen, its a scam to get all your details, some of the scams also send you money drafts and ask for you to send half of it back to them and you keep the other half but of course the drafts they send to you are fake.

Mo
Old 06-24-2005, 11:23 AM
Big Dog

My Friend has done some local showing but mostly working Dobermans, See the guy in London gave me his address, phone number and fax number. He asked for photos of the pups and parents.. Ask for AKC numbers and pedigree information. I even called long distance to London one day just to talk to him because my friend was getting a little worried and so was I. When payment came he even gave me the shippers email and name. It was not until the last email that he gave us a Nigeria address for sending the payment.. What a Jerk!! Another friend who has boxers has a guy in Canada but works in London.. Well, I told her to tell him to forget it.
What is the world coming too!!!???
Old 06-24-2005, 11:59 AM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav
What I meant really was that, If I was a breeder I wouldn't just let my pups go like that to someone I hadn't met or knew nothing about. But that's just me.
Good breeders who do sell pups over the internet usually spend a great deal of time corresponding and checking. It's really been a boon to the rare breeds, more than anything else and gives you a chance to expand your own bloodlines in a way that wasn't possible before. I really didn't become aware of the good sides of it until getting involved with the Filas. But you do have to be very, very careful.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-24-2005, 12:25 PM
Top Dog

I realize that some breeds do need to go via shipping and internet contact, but I am just not comfortable with the idea. I was going to buy a pup from a lady who lived in the mid-west and I am in Oregon. She checked references on me and also checked show entries to make sure that I actually show dogs since this was to be a show puppy. She also would not ship, I would have to fly there and take the puppy back with me in cabin. She will not allow her pups to fly alone and they are never allowed in cargo on a plane. Now that is how I think it should be done. Someday when I breed my first litter, I will not allow my puppies to be shipped. People can fly here, meet me, and take the puppy back in cabin with them. I think flying a young pup alone is very stressful for the pup and would not want mine to go through it. I think responsible breeders require a meeting to take place before selling a puppy and that is the way it should be. I also spoke with a lady in Brazil and I spoke with her about buying one of her puppies...she required us to fly to Brazil to pick up the puppy and fly it back with us. She even offered to let us stay in her home while we were there.
Old 06-24-2005, 12:28 PM
Felurian

That's the ideal, Pugs

Personally, if I ever decide to purchase a Fila from a breeder in Mexico or some other place a long way off, I'll drive out and pick the pup out myself and drive back with it.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-24-2005, 03:39 PM
Big Dog

I see all of your points.. I am not sure how many of you have traveled with your pets before. I am been traveling with my cats since 1976. We have lived in England, Japan twice, FL., TX, Crete Greece and Alaska before coming to Missouri. Unless the animal is very Very small and can fit into the smallest size kennel (stand up in it with 2 to 3" of head room) and the kennel must fit under the seat. If not then the kennel must go in the cargo. My cats have travelled all over the world, with me and once without me and never a problem ( I am not saying that problems can't happen, Just that I have never had a problem) Now if you are shipping a large breed puppy, at the age of 8 weeks, then the kennel size will be TOO big to fit under the seat and will have to be in cargo. The main thing is that you must be happy with the way your new baby is going to be shipped to you whether it be by plane, train, car. Just my 2 cents worth.