Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-23-2005, 11:23 AM
Top Dog

When I had three dogs and a cat, my aunt and uncle come over and the three dogs are very interested in her, mostly due to the ton of perfume she wore. My 90+ pound yellow Lab Joe crawled up on the couch next to her, to get a good whiff, while the Pit mix Gus was wanting to climb up on her too, and my Lab/Beagle mix, Blackie, was doing her best to get something to eat from her. Then the cat Orville, "That's the biggest cat I have ever seen !" comes out and plops down on the floor and starts rolling around like a drunk.

She's a mess, she can barely take one dog being around her and my lab is trying to neck with her and she's getting all freaked out. My uncle is loving it, and for some reason, decides to start messing with the cat. He grabs the cat's tail and Orville starts getting all worked up. He wants to play, and he played ROUGH. I told my uncle, "Dont try rubbing his stomach, he will get you!" He starts saying, "What are you gonna do?" over and over again, and about the third time he touches his stomach, he doesn't pull his hand back quick enough, and Orville chomps down and swings the back legs up and digs his claws into his arm and rakes the hell out of him. He's yelling "Jeezus!, Jeezus! Jeezus!" again and again. Finally, Orville lets him go, and does that little cat dance, runs away and comes back and "attacks" one of his legs. Orville's eyes were all dialated and he looked totally nuts. My Uncle was laughing while about a half dozen streams of blood ran down his arm, and he's trying to get the cat off his leg. My aunt told my uncle that they were going to the ER when they left. I almost choked on my tea at that. I showed her my arms, all scabbed up and scarred from playing with the cat. We gave my uncle the bottle of peroxide and he was fine.

My aunt said as she was going out the door, "I liked the cat, but those three dogs drove me crazy!" I just shook my head...
Old 06-23-2005, 11:34 AM
Top Dog

LOL Ratboy!
Old 06-23-2005, 12:59 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

since the day i was born they have been creeping to my mother's house thru the woods and down the street..in all of my baby pics and small child pics there is always cats and dogs present..so my family pretty much accepts that it is a part of my dna..some kind of radar beep that critters just zone in on..truely i am not making this up. There are many many times that they could have critisized my having them when money was tight, even when i wasnt' sure of where i was going but they never did..especially GG bless her a thousand times over for understanding that without them, i couldn't and wouldn't be me.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 06-23-2005, 01:10 PM
Top Dog

You know, they are a little. They love animals but I had a cat for a couple of years before I got Brady. I was afraid to get another animal because I thought 2 pets was going to be a lot, but then I started thinking abuot how I grew up and we only had one dog at a time, and I realized that my parents instilled that in me somehow. So I got my dog, I still have my cat and I wish I had a farm so that I could have 3 dogs and 4 cats! Horses too! I tell them I want another animal, and they are like isn't that too much? Not because they disagree with it, but I think because they have never experienced it. They don't care as long as we can take care of my animals and myself and hubby. Maybe it is just the inexperience of not having a lot of animals at one time that they are asking about it?
Old 06-23-2005, 01:35 PM
no touchy

Well, we've just got our girls. Relatives don't really think we're too crazy - well, at least not my Mom's side...most of her relatives like dogs OK, but my Dad's side probably think we're nutso for having three dogs. However, many people think my older sister, Abbie is crazy. Including relatives. Why? Because....she has nine dogs. She has twelve cats. She fosters dogs (how do you think she ended up with nine dogs?). She is planning on moving to acreage with her two kids, animals, and husband, and getting horses. She has rats. She has fish. She has a bird. At one time she had eighteen rats living in her house and twenty dogs (thanks to fostering a litter of puppies). N-U-T-S-O ? And she doesn't mind - she's even listed them as the "_______ Zoo" in the phone book. That's what shows up on caller ID whenever she phones us.
I'm probably the only one in my family who doesn't think she has mental problems. That'll probably be me someday, only minus the kids and husband.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 06-23-2005, 01:37 PM
Corgi bum

My kids think that I treat the animals better then them.LOL My husband thinks I'm insane the way I talk to them.
Old 06-23-2005, 01:54 PM
Don't encourage me..

My parents love all my animals and actually encourage me to get more! lol! we started off with Cavan (the horse) then they were riding me about Cavan being lonely, so we got him two play mates ( Lala and Tolstoy (Shetland ponies)) We got Gus and my parents are nagging about getting him a friend to play with, even though they have just the one dog and cat! We get Katelina (Cat) And mum keeps hinting that it really is no trouble having more cats!! lol! I think I give them a good excuse to go wild because I am easily talked into getting more animals! lol!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 06-23-2005, 03:58 PM
Rusty but Trusty

My parents HATE animals! When we got our first cat they told us to get rid of her after we had our daughter, then we got another cat (which they don't know about yet and we've had him for a year). We didn't even tell them we got the dogs but they know about Mack because they saw him but we didn't even tell them about Shelby until she started having the chemo done. They don't know about Hannah, well they know about her they just think we're puppy sitting for awhile. I am actually afraid to tell my parents we have another dog because I don't want to deal with all the crap that they give us about animals.
Old 06-23-2005, 04:05 PM
Top Dog

I grew up in an animal loving family, thank God! Had up to 7 golden retriever at one time! And at one point, two horses, 2 cats, and one raccoon! And of course the fish and hamsters and mice, too.
Old 06-23-2005, 04:55 PM
Playful Husky Pup

My parents are great about animals obviousely. My dads side of the family for the most part are fairly excepting of my life choices. Almost everyone on his side of the family has atleast one pet be it a dog or a goldfish. Though none of them are my biggest fan my siblings and I are mutts of the family and my dads family especially still has problems with a Irishmen marrying a Italian women weird I know! But they do like my dogs. My mums side of the family thinks we're completely crazy my grandmum on my mums side cannot come to my house or my parents with out getting upset to wear she cries!!!!!!! We're not dirty at all my house is so clean I have been so paranoid about cleaning people often tell me if they did'nt know any better they would think I did'nt keep any of my pets inside.
Some tell me i need to sell all my dogs and narrow it done to a team of 10 but I say no I would'nt have it any other way! Like I have said before alot of my relatives say my amount of animals are the reason I will never be MARRIED!!!!Haha yeah right.

Pets name: Chaos

Pets name: Blue Moon

Pets name: Cajun

Pets name: Smoothie