Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 01-04-2008, 04:38 PM
Felurian

Default Diamond Pet Food Settlement

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080104/...toxic_pet_food

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-04-2008, 04:43 PM
Tweleve Enthusiest

Quote:
"Diamond's taken care of its customers since the very first day that they found out about this
Except for the small oversight when it came to their chicken soup foods.

Yup, I am still bitter about the whole thing, and I will never buy or recommend their foods again.

Extreme owner of four herding dogs

puzzles, poetry and so much more ~ Doggy Puzzles created by me
sleep!!!
My dog Votes!
proud member of the MUMS 2009 7th place team CISRA 2009 1st place team SUMS 2009 2nd place team
Old 01-04-2008, 05:39 PM
Felurian

Yah, that line was kinda ludicrous.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-04-2008, 06:36 PM
feel the magic

What happened with the Chicken Soup line???

I'm feeding Taste of the Wild right now, but as soon as this bag is up, I'm not buying it again. It makes her poops too small and hard for my liking.
Weird, I know.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:45 PM
Bored Now.

Chicken soup has methionine in it, I know that.. not much else.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:59 PM
Tweleve Enthusiest

I had Tyr on the Chicken Soup puppy food at the time, and I hadn't even realized it was made by Diamond.

Tyr got horribly sick with severe bloody diarrhea and vomitting. I took him to the vet, she put him on meds, ran tests, and switched him to ID until he felt better. The tests were all standard tests for the symptoms, and they came back negative.

When he felt better and when the meds were done, I switched him bac to CS. He became sick again within a couple of days. We went back to the vet ~ this time we saw our regular vet, the first time we had seen whoever was available, as it was more of an emergency.

My vet told me to get him off the CS, as it was made by diamond. She had treated three other dogs with the same symptoms who were also on CS, and knew of a few more.

After some research, I found other people on the web who claimed their dogs had gotten sick on CS. I contacted diamond. Diamond said that because aflatoxins bind to corn and there is no corn in CS, CS is fine. I did more research, and found that aflatoxins prefer corn, but will bind to rice. I contacted diamond again. I again got the same answer as before ~ because CS doesn't have corn, it's safe. I had long ago thrown away the remainder of my food, so I couldn't have it tested.

I firmly believe that diamond should have pulled CS, if nothing else then as a precaution. They didn't even seem to look into whether or not CS could have been contaminated.

Extreme owner of four herding dogs

puzzles, poetry and so much more ~ Doggy Puzzles created by me
sleep!!!
My dog Votes!
proud member of the MUMS 2009 7th place team CISRA 2009 1st place team SUMS 2009 2nd place team
Old 01-04-2008, 07:05 PM
feel the magic

JESUS!
That is SOOOOOOOO scary!!!!

WOW. Makes me want to pull Ella off this Taste of the Wild after hearing that.

I won't, because that would be me over-reacting, but I will probably be staying away from Diamond made foods in the future.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:23 PM
<--------Orson

In all fairness, what happened to Diamond is NOTHING like what happened during this last huge recall. Menu foods KNOWINGLY purchased garbage from China, didn't do the testing, AND left it on shelves/kept it quiet when things started going bad. They didn't fess up until they HAD to.

The problem with Diamond WAS bad but WAAAAY more accidental than what happened with Menu.

I fed Chicken soup at one time as well..........we didn't have any issues thank goodness.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:31 PM
Felurian

The Diamond settlement sets a precedent and hopefully the other manufacturers will be held accountable for their willful negligence.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-04-2008, 07:38 PM
<--------Orson

I agree Renee. If nothing else good comes of the recalls, then at least this settlement will give industry pause for the future testing and measures to produce a safe product.