Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Dog Jokes and Cartoons

Old 01-04-2008, 10:16 AM
Big Dog

Default Snakes Are Amateurs

Snakes are amateurs.

BRISBANE, Australia - A snake was saved by surgery in Australia after mistaking four golf balls for a meal of chicken eggs, a veterinarian said Wednesday.

Donít get me wrong, Iíve made mistakes too when looking for stuff to eat; most notably mistaking my motherís chicken with turkey jerky. But I have never mistaken a sporting goods item with foodÖunless you count my fatherís softball glove. Hey, thatís cowhide so itís understandable.

A couple had placed the balls in their chicken coup in New South Wales state to encourage their hen to nest, the Australian Associated Press reported.

InterestingÖcan you imagine how big the eggs would have been if they put four volleyballs in there.

The balls disappeared, and the couple found a lumpy-looking carpet python nearby.

Iím glad Iím not their dog. Whoís knows what they would have done when they saw a lumpy-looking, carpet lying canine nearby.

They took the 32-inch nonvenomous snake to the nearby Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary, where senior veterinarian Michael Pyne operated to remove the balls from the snakeís intestine.

Iím sure the snake has enough issues of its own without the world having to know itís nonvenomous. The media has no shame.

(A blog by a dog for all dogs: www.boknowsonline.com)
Old 01-04-2008, 06:53 PM
Hi, I'm Melissa!

LMAO! i love your commentary!