Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-02-2008, 08:54 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillasugar View Post
Hmmm... the only "new" thing she experienced today was some time spent with a friend of mine who's VERY pregnant (due in 2 weeks, but feels like she's going to go early).

I'll defiantley keep an eye on her, and take her to the vet if there are any further problems...
Has she been around any pregnant ladies before that you know of?

Maybe she just sensed all of the anxiety, excitement and all of the emotions that go along with getting ready to give birth?
Old 01-02-2008, 08:57 PM
Top Dog

She may be antsy about your friend . Dogs sense things big time !! Did her former owner give her up because she was preggy ??? She may be thinking " babe in womb --- I'll be gone soon ! " Give her a lot of TLC and reasurance ! Poor baby !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 01-02-2008, 08:59 PM
just call me Nilly

I don't know if she's ever been around a pregnant woman before, and Linden is the only pregnant woman she's been around since being adopted by us.

Now that I'm thinking about it, she was acting very strangely around Linden... she was jumpy and a bit nippy, and that's when I'd say this began.

Ooookay, so if that's what caused this, how do I settle her?

Julia: Mom to Sierra (adorable mutt - Basset x Cattledog is our best guess these days) Buddy (noisy but awesome DSH tabby cat) and Carter (adorable human baby) RIP Nya 1994(?) - 2010
Old 01-02-2008, 09:00 PM
Top Dog

I think Grammy might be right. She might have been given up because of a pregnancy. I'm not sure how to help, I've never dealt with this before.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:02 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Quote:
Ooookay, so if that's what caused this, how do I settle her?
hm, I'm not really sure. I guess try not to make a huge deal out of her nervousness and try not to get too worried/antsy yourself!

I guess just keep your normal routine as much as possible and do things that make you all relaxed maybe?
Old 01-02-2008, 09:24 PM
just call me Nilly

She just ripped open a stuffy toy she's had intact since we got her. She's never tried to destroy her toys

I'm trying to keep myself level-headed and calm, so I can radiate that energy to her. I've been talking to her, telling her what a good dog she is, that we made a promise to her and are true to that promise, I'm not sure what else to do.

Julia: Mom to Sierra (adorable mutt - Basset x Cattledog is our best guess these days) Buddy (noisy but awesome DSH tabby cat) and Carter (adorable human baby) RIP Nya 1994(?) - 2010
Old 01-02-2008, 09:30 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Quote:
She just ripped open a stuffy toy she's had intact since we got her. She's never tried to destroy her toys

I'm trying to keep myself level-headed and calm, so I can radiate that energy to her. I've been talking to her, telling her what a good dog she is, that we made a promise to her and are true to that promise, I'm not sure what else to do.
Lol Maybe taking out some of her pent up anxiety on that poor stuffy will help her.

I hope she's feeling better soon!