Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 12-30-2007, 06:52 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
And scary too. I've witnessed several accidents - I'm one of those people who always stays until the party NOT at fault, along with whatever authority gets there - has my contact info and an account from me. It got funny there for awhile because I witnessed four different ones that involved the same insuror on the at-fault side. They shut up and paid up on every one, lol. My line of work makes me one of those rare people who actually IS a good, impartial witness who gets the details right and doesn't waffle. They hate that
Of course they do LOL, what good is a witness that you can't lead in the direction you want?

Money will buy you a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Henry Wheeler Shaw
Old 12-30-2007, 07:01 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryCreek View Post
Day in and day out you can search the news for story's about the ABPT. The positive ones are few and far between.
Find me a positive story about pretty much ANYTHING in the news and I will be suprised

Bad news sells. People like to read about others misfortunes.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 12-30-2007, 11:22 AM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryCreek View Post
You should be scared LOL.

All it takes is some form of BSL, and a persons insistance that your dog is of a banned breed, and dangerous , to open up a world of hurt on dog owners. The kill now, clear it up later mentality in regards to these breeds leaves little hope for those who can't afford a court battle!

All the negative sensationalized press has created a near mob mentality. For some reason, people feel free to confront you about your dangerous killer dog even though your pet may be in a calm sit during the whole episode. Since when is it an acceptable practice to verbally, and some times physically, assault a dog owner in the streets?
Interestingly, most criminal codes make room for assault charges against a verbal assault . . . we may have to, in the near future, start making use of these, whether they're prosecuted or not, to create a paper trail to protect ourselves and our dogs.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-04-2008, 12:19 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Grrrrrr . . . . I've seen obvious Lab mixes labelled as "Pit dogs" by the media, animal control, etc.
When at a city council meeting fighting BSL (& our own idiot AC head officer), another officer testified that if he gets 10 calls about "pit bulls", there is a possibility that 1 of them might be categorized in the "pit bull" category. He even showed pics of a Chi running loose that was called in as an aggressive "pit bull puppy" running loose.

Like Baha said, people see what they want to see. But that's exactly why I will NEVER quit trying to educate people. If the pattern continues, not only will I lose my dogs, but so will anyone & everyone else who owns a dog with short hair, some muscular features, and weighing between 30 and 130 lbs. (Now be honest, do those criteria apply to your dog? Because that's exactly how generic some of the government definitions of a "pit bull" are in cities with BSL)
Old 01-04-2008, 04:02 PM
Felurian

Definitely applies to Kharma . . . . and it's not like the Fila isn't already targeted by bans and BSL in some countries.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-10-2008, 07:57 AM
Top Dog

Humans as a rule, just love stereotypes. It is just makes us feel so comfortable if we can cleanly categorize everything.... Pit Bulls bad vicious killers.... Golden Retrievers good loving family pets etc..... Humans also refused to take the blame when they can find a silent scapegoat.

Great post...thanks