Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 12-29-2007, 02:16 PM
Top Dog

OMG, is he cute, or what? Besides Cardigan Corgi, I see some GSD in Fozzie. Oh, the snow nose wouldn't really help- quite a few breeds get them. Our Lab has one right now, and the Siberian/GSD we had years ago used to get one every year.
Old 12-29-2007, 04:14 PM
Felurian

He's always looked to me like there was some Husky in there - the eyes, the coloring, the coat. Could be something like a Husky/GSD X with a Corgi or a Corgi X

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-29-2007, 04:20 PM
Twin 2.0

He's a Hushephergi.
Old 12-29-2007, 05:07 PM
swimming upstream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
He's a Hushephergi.
why of course he is!! Zoom--you have solved the mystery!
Old 12-29-2007, 05:17 PM
Twin 2.0

Da da daaa!
Old 12-29-2007, 06:38 PM
and Fozzie B!

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! And, yes, I think we are all in agreeance that Fozzie is 100% cute. Cx

For all of the suggestions of German Shepherd: Where does he look Shepherdy? I mean... besides the saddleback? It would be awesome if he was part GSD, but I don't really see it, especially not in his personality.

RD: I always thought he was super big-boned. It could be that his legs are a little longer than a purebred Corgi, that he might look lighter boned, but he's pretty thick. I mean, I have no idea how he weighs more than Gonzo. Gonzo is 6" taller!

Micksmom: I didn't know that many other breeds got snownoses. I have never seen a Corgi with one, that I can recall. I have seen a few Labs with them, and a few toy breeds. I thought Huskies were kind of known for their snownosies.

I just found this "Husky" on Petfinder. I wonder if he's Fozzie's daddy...

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 12-29-2007, 07:00 PM
Top Dog

^ he's pretty gorgeous.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 12-29-2007, 07:39 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihartgonzo View Post
Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! And, yes, I think we are all in agreeance that Fozzie is 100% cute. Cx

For all of the suggestions of German Shepherd: Where does he look Shepherdy? I mean... besides the saddleback? It would be awesome if he was part GSD, but I don't really see it, especially not in his personality.

RD: I always thought he was super big-boned. It could be that his legs are a little longer than a purebred Corgi, that he might look lighter boned, but he's pretty thick. I mean, I have no idea how he weighs more than Gonzo. Gonzo is 6" taller!

Micksmom: I didn't know that many other breeds got snownoses. I have never seen a Corgi with one, that I can recall. I have seen a few Labs with them, and a few toy breeds. I thought Huskies were kind of known for their snownosies...
It's not so much the black saddle that had me thinking GSD- other breeds have similar markings. It's more his body- to me it looks like a dwarf GSD. His muzzle looks a little more like a GSD's than a Corgi's (a little heavier than a Corgi's). His ears say Cardigan Welsh Corgi to me (the ones with the tail). His blue eye could come from a Cardi, too. He could have some Siberian in him, too.

Here's an article about snow nose written by a person who show/showed GSDs. http://www.awsaclub.com/healthgenetics/snownose.htm
Old 12-29-2007, 07:53 PM
and Fozzie B!

Yeah... his Mom is definitely a Cardigan. ; ) She was left at a shelter, already pregnant.

I just don't see much GSD, in his expression, or in his temperament. He is very food motivated... but he lacks a real desire to please, like I have seen in GSDs. He also has very little drive, to speak of - prey or herding.

I can see the GSD in his structure, though. Especially his hocks. But, what would the likelihood be of him having his markings, were he part GSD? I have actually seen a GSD x Corgi... and he looked exactly like a black & tan GSD, with short legs. It would seem that the darker coloring would be dominant. but Iunno.

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 12-29-2007, 08:39 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
...I can see the GSD in his structure, though. Especially his hocks. But, what would the likelihood be of him having his markings, were he part GSD? I have actually seen a GSD x Corgi... and he looked exactly like a black & tan GSD, with short legs. It would seem that the darker coloring would be dominant. but Iunno.
Genetics confuse the daylights out of me, so I don't know either. However, the coloring could come from the Corgi, too. If you want to be even more confused, check out this link:
http://www.pandashepherds.com/

ETA-
Quote:
...He is very food motivated... but he lacks a real desire to please, like I have seen in GSDs...
Sounds Corgi to me. Or at least like the Corgis I know from classes. They have a kind of "What's in in for me?" attitude. The one I know best is very food motivated.