Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 12-29-2007, 06:51 PM
Mo Wildlife Rehabber

Quote:
Originally Posted by showpug View Post
If she's not eating all that well then please offer her a hard-boiled egg daily to help keep up her nutrition. Pedigree won't cut it!!!
she gets an egg with her food. Pedigree is just the better of the bads. I do offer her the Iams puppy food. she just wont eat dry dog food I have wetted it. I have `gotten the Iams gravy and she just licks it off. any Ideas on how to get her to like it? she likes doggie biscuits. she just seems so partial.
Old 12-29-2007, 06:51 PM
Twin 2.0

I know you are. But thank you for confirming it.

Take good care of this dog and in the future, when they are dumped and newly pregnant, do them a favor and just spay them immediately. The cost you will spend on raising the litter, etc will balance out to the spay.
Old 12-29-2007, 06:54 PM
Mo Wildlife Rehabber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
I know you are. But thank you for confirming it.

Take good care of this dog and in the future, when they are dumped and newly pregnant, do them a favor and just spay them immediately. The cost you will spend on raising the litter, etc will balance out to the spay.
I do not believe in any form of abortion. the cost of the spay is irrelivant. like I said I now have a job that I got just for the purpose of animal care. my vet knows me well. I also have an emergency account set up for any emergency care. IE C-section.
Old 12-29-2007, 06:56 PM
Twin 2.0

Thank you for imposing your beliefs on an already overburdened pet population.
Old 12-29-2007, 07:00 PM
Dafuq?

I'd think it would be easier on the old gal not to have to whelp and care for another litter.

Now entering the land of hypnotic signatures...
Old 12-29-2007, 07:31 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
Thank you for imposing your beliefs on an already overburdened pet population.
Serious.

Old 12-29-2007, 07:35 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

If she doesn't believe in abortions, then she doesn't believe in abortion.

As to the fact if she's really finding these dogs..........well. I'm not sure she's telling the truth on that one. She seems to find an aweful lot of pregnant dogs, as well as knowing a LOT about each of their pregnancy's.
Old 12-29-2007, 07:36 PM
swimming upstream

better that she recieves decent care rather than being left out on her own in her condition...if you are able to find homes for the pups, and give them all good care, then congrats to you. It's more than I would be able to manage!
Old 12-29-2007, 08:50 PM
Top Dog

I thought it was kind of weird she knows the due date of the litter of an abandoned dog.

I don't believe in putting human beliefs and morals on animals. Just like when vegans or vegetarians try and put their dogs on a vegetarian diet. (I am a vegetarian..and my dogs eat meat).
Old 12-29-2007, 08:59 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesgift View Post
she gets an egg with her food. Pedigree is just the better of the bads. I do offer her the Iams puppy food. she just wont eat dry dog food I have wetted it. I have `gotten the Iams gravy and she just licks it off. any Ideas on how to get her to like it? she likes doggie biscuits. she just seems so partial.
Iams is very crappy too. Will she eat hard-boiled eggs or does she "get" them and refuse them? Have you considered ordering a decent feed online? It's dramatically important for a bitch in whelp.

You mentioned you got a job? I hope they will allow you 2-3 weeks off of work when this bitch whelps. You may want to talk to them now. She's an old dog and may do just fine, but the odds are against her. If she needs a section, there is a good chance you will have to latch the pups on every two hours to nurse with no exceptions.

I wish you the best with her.