Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 06-24-2005, 04:19 AM
BusterLove

sounds lovely, pity you couldnt get her

Old 06-24-2005, 11:24 AM
Felurian

I've loved German Shepherds ever since I was little. I can't imagine life being complete without one, no matter what other dogs I live with. I've already given Charley fair warning, lol! He doesn't understand and thinks I would be just as happy with only Filas, or with Dobermans, but it doesn't work like that. I've known many Dobermans, and they are wonderful creatures, but they aren't the same. It may be the herding background that makes such a difference, because the herding breeds are always my favorites, with the possible exception of the Wolfhounds.

Doberluv, you might consider that as you get older you NEED the Doberman even more! My parents will be getting one of the Fila pups in out of Shiva or Kharma in the future - so I won't have to worry so much about them!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-26-2005, 12:58 AM
Kelpiefied

I love german shepherds and dobermans, they are a whole lot more trainable than rough collies, that's for sure. But i do performances at childrens parties, and people are so quick to voice their outrage should i bring a percieved "attack breed" into their midst.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:01 AM
Felurian

A friend of mine used to be a rodeo clown. He had an Australian Shepherd who was part of his act. Roscoe was a show-stealer, lol!

That's really a shame, Bridey. If I had kids my first choice for a dog from the time they were babies in the cradle would be a German Shepherd.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-26-2005, 10:57 PM
Kelpiefied

I know, people are so ignorant. I would love to incorporate many different breeds into my act but their are some pretty misinformed mothers out there.
Old 06-26-2005, 11:21 PM
Big German Shepherd

I love German Shepherds... so far... lol
Old 06-28-2005, 05:30 PM
Are you dead yet?

I fell in love with Irish and English Setters the day I went to a show and had the privilege of spending some time with the lovely dogs! I just saw them and thought they were absolutely STUNNING, and I love their temperaments as well.

The Border Collie was not a "love at first sight" thing. They (really!!) grew on me over time and now I don't think I will ever be able to love another breed as much the BC.
Old 07-01-2005, 02:14 PM
Active Pup

WOW
wat a story!!
True...so many breeds out there and mixes which is good

well take care & good luck

Get ur free FORUM at www.myboards.com
Old 07-01-2005, 04:41 PM
Puppy Dog

I've always had a thing for the "giant" breeds of dog. When I was about 4 I had a Cinderella book and on the last page I still remember there being a picture of Cinderella and Prince Charming walking two great danes. When the Beethoven movie came out I watched it over and over just to be able to look at that gorgeous dog. At the Veterinary Clinic we had a Mastiff named "Princess Lily" whom we affectionatly termed "The Whale" as when she was recovering from dental surgery she took up the entire floor, she was sooo sweet and the owners had put a large pink rhinestone crystal collar on her.

Akitas are another favorite of mine, there's just somthing about their smiling faces that tugs at my heart.

But then theres just special dogs in breeds i'm normally not attracted to that make me fall in love with them. We had a Chihuahua who would let you hold her like a baby at the clinic, our mascot was a pug with a kidney shunt named Bronson, everyone loves Bronson. A Maltese puppy named Muppet. So many stories of so many different breeds I normally wouldn't have looked twice at that ended up wrapping me around their little paws.
Old 07-02-2005, 07:05 AM
Kelpiefied

I got my collie puppy today!
He's a little sick but still such a sweety. Such soft fur.