Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 01-09-2008, 12:30 AM
Active Pup

I've gotten a lot of comments from people saying Lola looks like a Basenji. And I've never seen a Tibetan Spaniel but I'll google it asap!

Ever since I moved the bed closer, put one of my tshirts in the crate, and I also wait until Pixie gets into the crate herself before closing the door (shes usually in there by the time I get done brushing my teeth), she hasn't had anymore awful nights like the one I originally posted about.

But another question...we are potty training Pixie...and this dog pees every 10 mins, and its so frustrating. I can take her out, come inside, and within 5mins she has peed on the floor. Even if I catch her and pick her up to take her out, she will pee on me! My fiance and I left for WalMart tonight (we were gone for 20mins) and when we came back she was soaked with pee from being in her crate. The towels were soaked, and there was puddles in her crate. I just don't see how such a little dog can pee so much. Should I restrict her water intake? I don't see Pixie going to get drinks all that often, but where else can all this pee come from? Right now we are taking her out at least every 15mins...but she still has many accidents during the day. Any suggestions?

Also, when is the best time to get her spayed? She is about 3 months old right now, and weighs about 6 lbs. I've heard to wait til 6 months of age but I'd like to get it over sooner than later. Pixie is very hyper and very fiesty, and I've heard after being spayed she should be more calm (at least thats what I'm hoping!). Also, I read online that she might have to stay overnight at the vets after being spayed, is this true? And whats the approximate cost? Lola came spayed from the Humane Society so this is an avenue I have yet to venture! Thanks for all the advice.