Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-21-2005, 10:25 PM
Harley & Abby

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcePrincesss17
No, neither...he's a rott/akita/chow
That's quite an unusual mix of breeds! He's really gorgeous and just look at that face! Aww! I like the look of your other dog too, and your cat looks so sweet!
Old 06-22-2005, 05:17 PM
Don't encourage me..

Awwww, cute pics!! Gus has the exact same face! it's the "It was like it when I got here face!!"

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 06-22-2005, 05:32 PM
Top Dog

[QUOTE=Swiftwind]That's quite an unusual mix of breeds!QUOTE]

Yes, it def. is an unusual mix. Here's the story on him....my boyfriend's uncle had Lobo (Zander's daddy), and he was an akita/chow x, Uncle Ralph passed away a year ago, so my boyfriend's brother took in Lobo. Zander and his litter mates were an accident with a rott from down the street(mama), if you want to get technical, he's pretty much from a backyard breeder, but, the puppies were born, they all went out to members of my boyfriend's family. About two months ago, Lobo passed away. He somehow got a scratch over his eye and had to be taken to the vet, the scratch was nothing, but he became stressed out, and his stomach hardened, and he had to be put to sleep. Lobo lived a long wonderful life, he was 13 years old when he passed. So now, all of his puppies and his bloodline are still within the family. I don't agree with backyard breeders, and I'm sure that no health check and screening process were done on either Lobo or Holly before they bred, but it happened and I got a beautiful puppy out of it. Aside from a spurt of panosteitis, Zander is happy and healthy, and I hope that he lives out a long wonderful life with my boyfriend and myself. Although the way he was created was irresponsible, I consider myself a very responsible owner. So there's the explanation of the crazy mix of breeds
Old 06-22-2005, 07:29 PM
Top Dog

Your animals are so cute! I love those pictures! Thank you for sharing them with us.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:52 PM
Top Dog

Thanky!!!! Furkids make life so much better
Old 06-23-2005, 03:25 AM
Harley & Abby

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcePrincesss17
Although the way he was created was irresponsible, I consider myself a very responsible owner. So there's the explanation of the crazy mix of breeds
I think it's really nice of you to adopt him, and I'm sure you're a great owner to your pets. That's quite an interesting story though, but I'm sorry to hear about Lobo!
Old 06-23-2005, 04:13 AM
Terrier Lover!

Darling pics!!! Thanks for sharing them!!