Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-26-2007, 11:05 PM
Top Dog

Just....
Old 12-26-2007, 11:21 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess2416 View Post
We've talked about this alot, and you know how I feel...

((hugs)) I hope this helps
I know, Jess and I thank you for listening to my endless whining on MSN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smkie View Post
I sure hope so...if it does maybe i will eat phesant and what? I forgot. Achooo it is a lousy place to be in. sniff.
Buckwheat. Which actually smells darn good, but tastes icky, lol. Buddy has no problems with it, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxter'smybaby View Post
pooor Buddy!! I had a dog who was allergic to dust mites--my son is also allergic, and has asthma. As a result, we pulled up every carpet in the house--that made a big impact. I don't know if you own or rent--but carpets harbor alot of stuff in them!!
Sending nice healing vibes to Buddy....

We're renting, so it's not really an option..unless I approached the owners about it... but we just spent a good amount of money on air duct cleaning, carpet shampooing and air purifiers. We'd have to wait a little bit. Thanks for the healing vibes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Poor Buddy, he's had a rough time of it.

Does he seem to get any relief from going to the beach and getting in the salt water?
You know, since the winter months have hit, we've not been to the water. But we're going for a week next month. I'll have to pay attention to his skin and his reactions to the salt water. Does salt water have some healing tendencies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
Poor Buddy... I don't know what to say.. but good luck, Nicole.... I hope everything works itself out, and SOON.
Good luck is all I'm asking for. There's not much to say, really. We've done almost everything.. so we just need those vibes and prayers and what not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by showpug View Post
Just....

Just... sending some good vibes?

Old 12-27-2007, 03:36 PM
Love my pets

I'm sending thoughts and prayers from all of us.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:33 PM
Top Dog

I'm thinking about ya, Buddy. My son suffered from allergies, and dust mites was one of the culprits. That's a tough one. Our house is never completely dust free. For the human kids, the allergist said it was more important to keep the room he slept in dust-free than any other room.

Spanky had a short spell where he was chewing his paw raw and his belly was pink with little white bumps. The vet thought it was probably allergies. Whatever it was, it had quit bothering him by the time the treatment they tried for him was over.

There's been quite a while that I haven't been on, but, it sounds like Buddy's probably been suffering long enough that you already know this isn't short-lived, though.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:13 PM
Squishy face

Benji sends Buddy some commiseration vibes, as he's going through sucky allergies too. He keeps scratching his back and chewing his feet, and today he started pulling at the hair on his chest again. Allergies are no fun

Benji hopes Buddy gets better soon.

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!
Old 12-27-2007, 07:14 PM
<(<) <()> (>)>

*good vibes coming your way!!*

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:49 PM
Island dweller

((hugs)) for all
Old 12-27-2007, 07:57 PM
Snow Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy'sParents View Post
You know, since the winter months have hit, we've not been to the water. But we're going for a week next month. I'll have to pay attention to his skin and his reactions to the salt water. Does salt water have some healing tendencies?
Salt can kill bacteria/fungus/viruses sometimes so if it one of those it can help. I once had this wierd thing on my foot that caused the skin to just start peeling like mad (it wasnt athlete's foot). We couldnt figure it out and it was sooo annoying! We tried various ointments and creams to no avail. We happened to go to Brazil during this time, the first week I was at a beach house. Every morning me, my mum, and our friends would head down to the beach to talk along the surf. My foot stopped peeling in a matter of days! The salt killed whatever it was that was causing the peeling and the motion of walking on the sand scrubbed the dead skin away. Salt water is over-looked much too often!

"When the rain pours down from the heavens, take my hand and spin me around and we shall dance through the barn at midnight until the moon pokes through the clouds once more and the stars continue our dances in the skies"
Old 12-28-2007, 09:12 AM
Top Dog

GOOD VIBES>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I hope everything gets better!
Old 12-28-2007, 09:18 AM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Thanks everyone and thank you Ren for that info on salt water. When we go to the beach next week I am sure he'll spend about 99***37; of his time in the water. I'll make not of any changes and what not.

The good vibes are so appreciated. A good friend once said there is strength in numbers.