Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-21-2007, 04:00 PM
Are you dead yet?

Corgipower, totally. I get so caught up in the stock being all around me and not tripping on them that I get stressed and in turn my dog decides it's time to go "WHEE" and dive in for a grip. That's the confidence part I think, she isn't 100***37; positive that she can move the stock using only her body language.

Eve actually *naturally* works better for me than she does for my trainer, I just do everything in my power to mess her up, and my trainer doesn't. She has respect issues with new people though, so she and the trainer are taking things slowly.

I have to stand at least 50 feet away from Eve at any given time while she's working with Fran, or she'll try to bring the stock to me.
Old 12-21-2007, 04:09 PM
Tweleve Enthusiest

i think it's more confusion than confidence. i used to get horribly dizzy from spinning in a circle trying to figure out what was going on.

Extreme owner of four herding dogs

puzzles, poetry and so much more ~ Doggy Puzzles created by me
sleep!!!
My dog Votes!
proud member of the MUMS 2009 7th place team CISRA 2009 1st place team SUMS 2009 2nd place team
Old 12-21-2007, 05:33 PM
Top Dog

She looks so good! Great pictures. I'm sure with time both of you will improve a ton.

Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Ripley
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Old 12-21-2007, 09:11 PM
Felurian

Oh, Eve's looking wonderful . . . . love Sheena . . . . I'm envious. I'd love to have someplace I could take Kharma and Bimmer to do that.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-21-2007, 09:39 PM
Are you dead yet?

Sheena is a sweet dog, was interesting to watch her work. Border Collies, with their eye, can make stock move from 50 feet away and just command attention as soon as they show up, because they just give off that "predator" vibe. Sheena has very little eye and needs to run right up to the stock and sometimes get physical in order to get them to move. It's interesting. There are times when a dog like her would come in real handy on a farm situation, because sometimes Border Collies can't get too close without spooking the stock. Their mind control is just a little too powerful, lol.

If you ever make a trip out west Renee, I know Fran would work with you and Kharma and Bimmer - provided they would work sheep and goats. She doesn't have cattle. But she works with all breeds, I've seen an APBT there, Beaucerons, GSDs, a Rottie, Old English Sheepdogs etc. Doubt she's ever worked with a Fila but I think she'd like it.
Old 12-21-2007, 10:27 PM
Top Dog

GREAT shots RD!
Old 12-21-2007, 10:33 PM
Lord Cynical

Eve's a hoot! I wish I could find a credibel trainer in my area... the trainer I was going to use moved out of state when Ada was 5 months old... looks like she's going to be a drivey, obnoxious pet now... bah!

Eve looks like she's having a blast... take deep breaths and have fun! The more you do it, the calmer you'll get!

Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)
Old 12-21-2007, 11:15 PM
and Fozzie B!

Wow.... Eve looks AWESOME, Grace!

Her eye is really breath-taking. She looks like she's going to be super stylish. =) And I think you two look great together. I am SO awkward at herding classes.... you have no idea. It really does take a ton of practice, everything that you have pay attention to is mind-boggling until you really get used to it.

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 12-21-2007, 11:38 PM
Water Junkie

Awesome pictures! Eve *looks* amazing on stock, I can only imagine how much natural talent she must have, in the video (can't wait for that )

Seriously, she is TINY. LOL! I never reliezed how small she was hight wise.

How big was the pen your working in?

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l

Last edited by Lizmo; 12-22-2007 at 12:20 AM.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:42 PM
Jerk.

Great pics. Eve allways looks suprised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Sometimes BOTH sides are just full of sh1t.
AKpostal
Blog?
MyDrunkAdmin