Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-21-2007, 06:01 AM
overdogged

my parents' yard. theirs is much larger than mine and they don't object to dog parties. and i take mushroom to my friend's house to play with her dog in their fenced yard.

my dogs are not appropriate for off-leash play anywhere there might be another dog, so they are always leashed in public spaces. when we go hiking, i'll use 20 foot longlines, but they're still leashed.
and Bean FDCh-S
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?
Old 12-21-2007, 06:21 AM
Are you dead yet?

Most often it's through the state land that's about 1/4 mile from our property, or on hikes over the mountains a few miles from home. We also go to a local park, we don't have a dog park here but this one is really nice and spacious, and we don't encounter other dogs often.

In Washington, there's a state park and nature reserve that's wonderful to walk in, and there's also a dog park on the state line that I really enjoyed. They run there.
Old 12-21-2007, 07:44 AM
Top Dog

Just in my backyard. I don't feel comfortable anywhere that isn't fenced in.

www.lppboutique.com
Old 12-21-2007, 08:29 AM
treehugging clicker freak

Parks. There's a couple parks I go to often. There's a park by my house, they tore down the children's play equipment and now its just a big, open field. They keep it mowed, but other than that it looks abandoned since they removed the swing sets and stuff.
I also sometimes drive them to an old practice field that the schools don't use anymore (my dad works for the schools and asked - they don't care).
The campground where my parents are permanently parked at - we love it there! Hiking in the woods, or just letting them run in the field near the camper... love it!
The dog park I go to most often is a good 1/2 hour away. Totally worth it, though
Other than that, friends who still live with their parents who live on huge lots / farms invite us over for bonfires, I let the dogs run before it gets dark.

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 12-21-2007, 12:36 PM
Top Dog

No where

i mean, if we go upstate or something and there are a lot of woods, then there. but that's only a few times a year.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 12-21-2007, 12:56 PM
feel the magic

Uh...my in-laws' in their fenced in backyard. She doesn't get to be off leash anywhere else. It sucks, but that's dog aggression for ya.

But she doesn't mind being on leash. She likes being by me.