Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-20-2007, 05:32 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Question Where do you go?

In light of Dreeza's thread, I thought it was be nice to share some of the safe places we take our dogs to so that they may run offleash.

The place we most frequent now is the new dog park. I hesitated in the beginning because dog parks can mean trouble, but this is a new park and most of the few owners that go seem to be pretty responsible.

Another place we go, which is a place we can also take Bella is the local baseball diamonds. We close/lock the gates and let them run. Bella looooves it.

In the warmer months, we travel back to the South Bay to take the dogs to a pond that has the huge pond as well as large grassy area to run free. The dogs love it there as well.

When we can, we love to take them to a beach, the nearest one that is offleash, is Stinson Beach, so it's a bit of a drive for us, but fun nonetheless.

Where do your dogs get to go to run offleash?

Old 12-20-2007, 05:38 PM
Water Junkie

We walked in a field near our house everyday. It's enclosed with woods on 2 sides then turns and opens into a big softball field with woods in the back.

She would walk on leash to get there (about a 5 minute walk, lol) then she would run/sniff for about an hour or as long as I was taking pictures.

Though, we've had to stop that because she was getting fleas, which she is NOT liking. LOL.

I haven't found anywhere else to let her off lead, though

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 12-20-2007, 05:41 PM
aka RedHotBabe

We have two dog parks near us. One has three separate areas that can connect to make one huge area. I prefer only going when no one else is there so I can open the gates to each section. (I notice it kinda clears out in winter. Do their dogs not need exercise when it gets cold?) The other park is at the humane society.
The tennis courts at the rec are an okay place to go. Just need to block off the entrance.
When it's warmer there's a nice dog park and dog beach down in Annapolis.
Old 12-20-2007, 05:41 PM
Salty Sea Dog

offleash, well im lucky cause i lie only 20 mins from ridgefeilds barkpark, we go when its farily quiet to let ruby enjoy free run of the big dog area, or if we go and its peek time we stay in the 1/2 acre small dog area where she can chase the other dogs lol.

we also like to use the local hishchools tennis courts (allowed as long as we clean up) and off season dog owners are allowed to let theeir dogs offleahs in any of the sports/baseball/track feilds

and while i havent had a chance in about 8 months theres a guy in town who has 26 acres who allows dog owners to walk on his acreage offleash, however he does require cleanup and hes had trails marked for hazards (ie sudden drops, walls and slippy areas so people know when to keep their dogs controled.)

but we also "abuse" the flexies lol, our local park has alot of open space BUT follows leahs laws so we let them have the full 26 ft to play in the open space and they love it!

I wonder if other dogs think Cresties are members of some weird religious cult?

Adventures In Cluck Clucks, watch them grow @
http://suburbancluckclucks.blogspot.com

Hand Made Fleece Blankets

Old 12-20-2007, 05:54 PM
~Lisa~

We go to the local dog park every day for about 2 hours. It is a park (the park goes in to 3 towns it is massive about 1000+ acres) with a huge field, then tons of trails, which you can take, some take 5mins others you can walk for 2 hours or more to get back to the parking lot.We go atleast 5 times a day (normally go 6 or 7 depending on the week ect)
Other wise I wait for the school down the street t get out and we go there about 30mins after so I know all the kids are gone and we play ball for a hour or so. Onleash for hte walk there which is a 5-7min walk.

We have 2 dog parks in town. but I stick to the one that is further into the countr (only a 5min drive. but the other is in the middle of town)plus I know all the dogs and people who go now. So I feel comfortable going and letting blaze play with every dog
Old 12-20-2007, 05:54 PM
coonhound crazy

We have a pretty nice public dog park near us that is very large (football field+), so we go there on weekends. Marlowe also does agility with me so twice a week we are at the training center--once for class which is a bit more controlled and then once just by ourselves to practice and he gets plenty of off-leash time then.

And our back yard, which isn't huge or anything but it's big enough for games of chase and fetch and lots of dog wrastlin'.

Old 12-20-2007, 05:55 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Anywhere I wish

Beach, fields, woods, lakes, pastures (and yes - there are COWS on it )
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 12-20-2007, 06:04 PM
Felurian

I can take Bimmer out to the farm and let him run. He can run loose in the backyard as well, even though I don't have my fence finished, since he knows to stay in the yard and I don't let him venture to the far ends of it anyway.

Kharma . . . the only place she gets to run loose is inside the store. I can't take her out to the farm and turn her loose as she'll put ALL the cowsies in the barn . . . Poor baby. And she's so beautiful when she runs - like a lioness (with big ears, lol).

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-20-2007, 06:18 PM
Twin 2.0

There's a great huge dogpark here, or will be when they get done remodling it...now we're using a ball diamond in another section of the park and the tennis court here at my complex. Used to use the inner courtyard but that bothered some people so we had to quit doing that. Shame too, it's a perfect set up. We also go out to this section of woods near Smkie's every now and again. The dogs adore it out there.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:25 PM
<--------Orson

We have a dog park at our shelter that I am giving a try. It's nice because you must pay a membership fee to be there (and the $$ helps out the shelter too!), so that seems to cut down on alot of 'not so great' dog owners.

Our membership kicks in January 08............so I can't wait Up till now it was only off leash in our backyard for Orson (since our one and only other experience at the "open" dog park was not so great).......phoebe is reliable to be off leash ANYWHERE we are allowed to do so.