Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-20-2007, 01:14 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreeza View Post
This guy DOES have a dog, and it ALWAYS barks when we walk by...if he had been in there, there is a HUGE HUGE chance he woulda attacked Oakley...and, since he is like 5x the size of him, and Oakley is a horrible fighter, he prob could've killed him.
If that's true..why wouldn't you walk him on a leash? You want your dog to be attacked and die? I mean this could happen with anyone else's dog, as well. It doesn't make any sense that you would walk him unleashed when 1) it's not safe and he could be attacked, and 2) it's illegal where you live.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:16 PM
Hi, I'm Melissa!

Where are you guys from? Seriously, it seems so.. RULED there!
Here trustworthy dogs are let off in parks, small patches of green... and nothing will happen cause they'll come back- cause they know they'll be free again in a minute!

Poor Dreeza, i can't believe how muched she's being attacked for a funny incident. Ok if Oakley got hurt it wouldn't be funny...

but guys lighten up, don't your dogs get ANY freedom??
Just sayin'...

Some people are way too overprotective of their dogs, i mean i love my dog to bits too, but i let him have a bit of fun once in a while too.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:17 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Amy* View Post
If that's true..why wouldn't you walk him on a leash? You want your dog to be attacked and die? I mean this could happen with anyone else's dog, as well. It doesn't make any sense that you would walk him unleashed when 1) it's not safe and he could be attacked, and 2) it's illegal where you live.
Ive already addressed point # 2.

And uhh, the dog is safely contained behind a fence...?

Thanks Jessie!

Old 12-20-2007, 01:18 PM
Jerk.

3 feet from a 5-6 foot wall, if she had Oakly on a 4 foot leash what do yall think would have happenned? Oakley would have gone over the wall dragging Dreaza with him, and hanging himself for a short time.

Having Oakley on a 50 foot line the same event would have happenned without the dragging or hanging. Seriously people, it was just a funnay story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Sometimes BOTH sides are just full of sh1t.
AKpostal
Blog?
MyDrunkAdmin
Old 12-20-2007, 01:19 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
And yes, he is able to show restraint when chasing animals. He will stop mid-chase without me making a peep if the animal crosses the street because he KNOWS he is not allowed to cross.
Obviously not...

I just don't understand how you can put your dog in a dangerous situation like this. I'm sure that my dogs would love to walk off leash, but that's never going to happen. Why? Because I care about them, and I wouldn't want something to happen to them that could've easily been prevented with a leash. Also, I don't trust other dogs/people who could harm my dogs... and it's disrespectful to others, because not everyone likes dogs nor do they want your dog in their yard.

Not to mention the fact that it's illegal to have a dog off leash.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 12-20-2007, 01:20 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Ive already addressed point # 2.

And uhh, the dog is safely contained behind a fence...?
Didn't you say earlier that your dog can climb a 7' fence? So, if your dog is not on a leash, he could climb the neighbor's fence, be attacked by their dog, and die.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:23 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Didn't you say earlier that your dog can climb a 7' fence? So, if your dog is not on a leash, he could climb the neighbor's fence, be attacked by their dog, and die.
But it's cool. I mean, the dog deserves to live a little. Dogs who have to walk on a leash are obviously miserable creatures with no freedom. It's just like kids climbing trees... you know that big ogres live in the branches just waiting to eat children The two situations can definitely be compared

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 12-20-2007, 01:26 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jessie~ View Post
But it's cool. I mean, the dog deserves to live a little. Dogs who have to walk on a leash are obviously miserable creatures with no freedom. It's just like kids climbing trees... you know that big ogres live in the branches just waiting to eat children
Yeah, why would you leash your dog? That's just torture. Let's all walk our dogs unleashed and see what happens!
Old 12-20-2007, 01:27 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
omg wow wowowowoowow

I cant even believe I am being sucked into responding to the ABSOLUTE ridiculousness of this post cause it is in sooooo many ways...

1)Yeahhhh, cause Oakley would for sure be climbing a fence where a dog is snarling at him on the other side

2) he only tries to climb fences to get to US. if we are outside with him, and he is in his kennel, he doesnt try...hence the reason we didnt know he was capable. But when he sees us leave/go inside was when he would do it...cause he wanted to be with us...and umm, on a walk, he likes to be with me...sooo ok.

3) If he were to do such a thing despite the above 2 reasons, you think i would sit there and watch him?? he is a 30lb. twit, i would just pull him off...

4) You can ignore all the above cause their fence is smooth wood. I'd like to see any animal climb that.

Jessie...i let Oakley walk off leash BECAUSE i care about him. He *lives* to run...containing him is cruel.

and BLUE... THANK YOU!!

Thanks Jessie!

Old 12-20-2007, 01:28 PM
Jerk.

Tell us how it would have been different if Oakley had been leashed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Sometimes BOTH sides are just full of sh1t.
AKpostal
Blog?
MyDrunkAdmin