Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 06-22-2005, 08:07 PM
Island dweller

Well said shredhead.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:34 PM
Top Dog

Although it breaks my heart, I know it's a cultural thing. Just as discussed earlier the Indians would never hurt a cow yet beef is a staple here. Although I don't condone the sometimes inhumane ways a cow can be "put down" in the slaughterhouse (not stunned or dead when their throats are slit), I do appose the methods of the koreans, etc. who eat dogs or other animals where they actually beat them. They do this to raise the adrenaline in the animal's blood before they die and are bled. It makes me sick to my stomach. I saw a special on TV a few years ago showing this nice Korean family loving on and playing with a dog and the next thing you knew they had whacked it in the head and killed it for dinner. At least I didn't see a mutilating, beating scene. Sick. Sick. Sick. By American standards...
Old 06-22-2005, 11:42 PM
Island dweller

If you'd ever worked or been to a slaughterhouse you'd feel the same about how cattle are slaughtered. Steve worked for one for about three weeks. If the cow doesn't die right away due to human error he/she keeps on moving through the machines ... And quite often pregnant cows would end up at the slaughterhouse. The fetus would be cut out, alive, and tossed down a shoot. Steve always took the time to kill them before he tossed them down to the shoot where their necks would be slit and their pure, untainted blood used for testing.... Steve gutted them and the 'kill' would still be so fresh that their hearts were still beating when he opened them up... There's more but I'll leave it at that.

What wonderful standards we have.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:57 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saje
If you'd ever worked or been to a slaughterhouse you'd feel the same about how cattle are slaughtered. Steve worked for one for about three weeks. If the cow doesn't die right away due to human error he/she keeps on moving through the machines ... And quite often pregnant cows would end up at the slaughterhouse. The fetus would be cut out, alive, and tossed down a shoot. Steve always took the time to kill them before he tossed them down to the shoot where their necks would be slit and their pure, untainted blood used for testing.... Steve gutted them and the 'kill' would still be so fresh that their hearts were still beating when he opened them up... There's more but I'll leave it at that.

Oh, god... I'm going to be sick. I'll have nightmares tonight. But we all need to be aware....
Old 06-22-2005, 11:57 PM
Top Dog

Quote:

That's part of the reason I'm a vegetarian!
you never would have died.

In life I loved you dearly,
In death I love you still.
In my heart you hold a place
no one could ever fill."

RIP Chief.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:59 PM
Island dweller

Me too Invisible. It was very reaffirming.
Old 06-23-2005, 12:01 AM
Top Dog

I know.....I hate to see animals mistreated like that. If people HAVE to eat them why can't we give them a good life before and kill them at least so they don't feel pain!
The way chickens, cows, and other animals killed for their meat are kept is horrid. Even the hens we get eggs from are almost always kept in horrible conditions!
It's just so sad

no one could ever fill."

RIP Chief.
Old 06-23-2005, 12:04 AM
Island dweller

Yep. I'll never make people feel bad for not being a vegetarian. It's just rude and I hate it when people always question me. But I think that people should be aware of where they are getting their food from and what's in it - regardless of what it is.

Sorry I made you sick Amy!
Old 06-23-2005, 12:10 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Yep. I'll never make people feel bad for not being a vegetarian. It's just rude and I hate it when people always question me. But I think that people should be aware of where they are getting their food from and what's in it - regardless of what it is.

Sorry I made you sick Amy!
I KNOW!!! I don't understand how people can eat something without caring at all how or where it came from. But it is their choice to eat meat and I have no problem with that. I would never preach to anyone about being a vegetarian. I knew a girl that tried to make everyone in our school to be a vegan just because she was, she was just rude. Of course she had no success, but if someone asked me about it or was interested in the slightest I would give them the information of why I'm a vegetarian and all about it. I do have one friend who is a vegetarian because she asked me why I'm a vegetarian and when she found out she did some research and she made the choice to become a vegetarian. I didn't force her or push her in that direction or anything like that.

So I just think they should be informed on what they eat and they can make their own desiscions. We are all individuals.

no one could ever fill."

RIP Chief.
Old 06-23-2005, 12:11 AM
Island dweller

Sounds like we have similar beliefs