Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-21-2005, 01:19 PM
Top Dog

I wore my GSD out by playing tag, hide and seek, and just chasing him around the yard [even though that wore me out more than him]. I couldn't take him out on walks because he does NOT like strangers at all, nor other dogs. Even though he did have a doggy friend for a good part of his life.
Old 06-21-2005, 01:48 PM
Big German Shepherd

Your GSD looks very beautiful!
Old 06-21-2005, 01:54 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

i made up all kinds of silly games when i was about your age with my dog charlie..one was to put a super ball under some cups mix them up and see which one..then we would hide the super ball in the room somewhere..(first he had to sit and stay around the corner) and have him find it..he really learned to use his nose early that way. Jumping thru the hula hoop was bronki's favorite..and easy enuff to teach and cheappppp to! i think you can get a hula hoop for under five dollars..just start with it on the ground and hold the treat on the other side and gradually lift it up. Do make sure you do it on a soft surface and not concrete so you spare their joints. Bronki in the end could jump thru if i held the hoop level with my shoulder which was pretty impressive for a big heavy dog (he weighed 80 lbs)..
http://www.chazhound.com/pictures/sh...00&ppuser=2623
you can see our hoop was a bit beat up but oh my did we get a lot of use out of it..Mary can't anymore because of her hockjoint being bad, but for many years she adored this and was very proud..a little horrrrayy and a treat is all that is required.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 06-21-2005, 04:00 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog2191
Your GSD looks very beautiful!
Thankyou! Yeah my GSD's 5years old. That picture I took with my webcam, so it's pretty bad! I have some beautiful polaroids with him but no scanner. He doesn't quite look like in the picture anymore. He's been living with my brother and the last time I visited he looked pretty huge, could be because I'm used to seeing my little puppy. He looked like he gained a LOT of weight. Seems that my brother doesn't play with him much, and I just despise that. I just want to take him back home with me. But he's still my little baby!

Your GSD looks adorable also! Just like a teenager! Lol.
Old 06-21-2005, 06:48 PM
Top Dog

To drain my doggy's energy we play in the hose now that it's warm out, we play hide and seek in the house, which is a fantastic game to play, esp. for sit/stay commands, and plus it's so fun seeing the look on their face when they find you!! Also, for special times at night when my dogs have so much energy they are driving me nuts, we go out in the backyard and play with the laser pointer, I got it at the dollar store and they go nuts every time they hear the little jingle, they know it's time to chase each other and have a grand old time. We also play tug games and hide the toy. It's fun creating new games!
Old 06-21-2005, 09:08 PM
Jerk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4Pits
Well you know what I do . But when not doing runs my dogs looooooove balloons!!! I buy a bag real cheap at the party store a few times a month completely wind myself blowing them all up and toss them in the field. The dogs go nuts!!!! Even Tundra gets in on the mess they pop them off course but when their done their all worn out laying down panting lol.

Can you get and post a video of that!!! I wanna see that mayhem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Sometimes BOTH sides are just full of sh1t.
AKpostal
Blog?
MyDrunkAdmin
Old 06-21-2005, 09:21 PM
Jerk.

Blue and Bailey usually tire themselves out. If that doesnt work blue is outside on the cable run with the Kong on a rope playing fetch or just let him dig a little. On the occasion he is being good and being attentave I let Bluedawg rip around off leash doing laps around the house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Sometimes BOTH sides are just full of sh1t.
AKpostal
Blog?
MyDrunkAdmin
Old 06-21-2005, 09:38 PM
Kelpiefied

75 dollars for a puppy class? How long does that last for? We run a puppy class for five dollars a night, but then again we arn't in it for the profit, lol.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:58 PM
Big German Shepherd

He's too old for puppy classes now anyway so...
Old 06-21-2005, 10:09 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog2191
He's too old for puppy classes now anyway so...
Isn't Rocky still under 9 months old? I so, he's still a "puppy" and should be in socialization classes if you can afford it...