Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-19-2007, 09:42 AM
Let it be

It doesn't bug me when people say they hate my dogs, think my dogs are ugly, think they are stupid ect. I've had a few people say it too. More people think they are charming but when the odd jerk tries to bash them I just smile and make a rude remark right back. May be childish but whatever. Gives me a good giggle and certainly shuts them up.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:05 AM
Top Dog

I know how you feel. I had to make a powerpoint presentation before a big speech just to make sure it would work in the classroom and we could do the presentation on whatever we wanted. I chose to show a picture of Carlie. Well, no one said she was cute and this one kid said, "what an ugly dog!" like really loud. Another girl said, "Maybe she just doesn't take good pictures." I just ignored them and finished the presentation, but I felt hurt just because I love my dog and I was so excited to show everyone her picture, and this is what I got as a response. I think I did show a goofy picture, but I guess because I love her, I liked it anyway.

Anyway, that must've hurt even worse because she's your friend. These people were not my friends. You shouldn't let her talk to you like that. I like Cinnamon's idea that next time she says something like that just say, "do you realize you said that out loud?" and seem hurt.
Old 12-19-2007, 07:53 PM
Top Dog

Paige and Amy, I don't know how anyone can say your dogs are ugly. They are all adorable. The only thing I can think is they have some kind of issues with you and they say these things just to take a stab at you or they are not animal lovers. Even that dog that won the ugly contest (I forgot his name) was cute in his own goofy way. There are just a bunch of inconsiderate aholes out there.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:34 PM
Top Dog

Thanks, Goldifur, and I agree with you 100%.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:30 PM
Felurian

Every once in awhile someone will make a comment about Kharma looking like a big, ugly drooly dog.

I just tell them she thinks they look delicious.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-19-2007, 09:42 PM
Top Dog

there's a big difference in criticizing and being plain rude... i guess your friend is the latter one T_T
Old 12-19-2007, 10:02 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Every once in awhile someone will make a comment about Kharma looking like a big, ugly drooly dog.

I just tell them she thinks they look delicious.
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg, that is too funny, bloody near made me spit all over my screen lol.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:18 PM
harrischrysler

I say "meh". Like my friends that come over and have been instructed for months on how to enter the house yet ignore it. So now when they come over and the dogs crowd and jump, I say "do what I told you." Anyhow, I thought these guys were supposed to be my best friends!!!
Old 12-20-2007, 03:19 AM
Top Dog

my friends know better than to say that about yoshi. i can point out things wrong with her but the MINUTE anyone says anything about her i clam up she's like my child...

i have had random people at pet stores tell me she's funny looking or ugly. they're dumb and i just ignore them. they dont know the cuddly love bug like i do. and they have no right to say that about her

Old 12-20-2007, 09:48 AM
coonhound crazy

Heh I guess that's the thing about having big dogs. No one has ever said boo about them being ugly or crappy, I guess a.) because they're both supermodels (heh), and b.) because I think some people are just afraid of them and are worried I might sic Conrad on them!