Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 06-20-2005, 09:20 PM
Puppy Dog

Question okay so waht is the best dogs food out there?

what is the most healthy dog food? what should i feed my rottweirs . they are two years old. no iams! they test on animals and cut out there vocie boxs. so other than iams. what is the best dog food to feed dogs?
Old 06-21-2005, 12:12 AM
Rusty but Trusty

Iams isn't good anyways, despite the animal testing. I starting my puppy on that and changed him as soon as his bag was over. Most people here will tell you that Innova and Eagle Pack are really good foods. I feed both to my dogs. My husky gets Innova and my two puppies get the Eagle Pack large breed puppy formula. They may be a little harder to find but if you go to their websites they have a locater to tell you the closest places you can buy their product. Other than those two people here will also suggest a raw diet, which I am not too sure of because I have never fed it to any of my dogs so that I wouldn't know about. The only thing I know about the raw diet is what people say here and that's like the best that you can give your dog, if you do your homework on it first.
Old 06-21-2005, 06:29 AM
Big Dog

If you're looking for the best dog food available I have three suggestions. Eagle Pack, Enova and Canidae. They are you feed less than the bulk filled foods so it comes out about the same in price per dog.

Old 07-09-2005, 06:13 AM
I Love Herding Dawgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudy
what is the most healthy dog food? what should i feed my rottweirs . they are two years old. no iams! they test on animals and cut out there vocie boxs. so other than iams. what is the best dog food to feed dogs?
I have tried all the foods mentioned and I have found the best results with Flint River Ranch.

www.corgilover.com/page2.html
Old 07-09-2005, 08:10 AM
Top Dog

I didn't know that one... But that's funny how they say it's the best food on the market when the main ingredient is chicken meal, then wheat flour... A shame really. It's definitely not as good as Innova (i don't know Eagle Pack).

(and this should be in the dog food forum btw )
Old 07-09-2005, 09:19 AM
Felurian

If you visit her website in her signature she is a distributor for Flint River Ranch food . . .

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-09-2005, 09:55 AM
no touchy

FRR is a good food, but she probably does just want to get people to buy from her.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 07-09-2005, 10:02 AM
Felurian

Flint River is a quality food, and Chaz uses it for his Shelties, but the members need to be aware that there may be an ulterior motive for the posts - all of which - as of this posting time - revolve around food . . .

Gotta watch out for you all - part of being a mod

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-09-2005, 10:21 AM
www.puppypassport.com

I agree flint river is best. You can find them on my site too
http://www.puppypassport.com
List puppies for sale for free and visitors never have to pay to see your contact information.
Old 07-09-2005, 10:30 AM
Felurian

The difference is, Romney, you've actually been a participant in the forums, not just popped in and made three posts directly related to something you are selling . . .

Flint River is, as far as I know, a good quality food. There is no one food that is best for every dog - I do think the EVO comes closer than most - but it is great that there are more and more viable choices available now. I had valid nutritional reasons for choosing the Innova product line for my big dogs; the Flint River didn't have quite the optimum range of ingredients for mine that Innova did.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian