Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-15-2007, 06:34 AM
just call me Nilly

Must be nice to have a black dog that looks good in EVERYTHING! I was browsing collarmania and I think found 4 fabrics that would look good on Sierra and not clash with her coat. BUT I plan on buying them all

Ella looks fabulous!

Julia: Mom to Sierra (adorable mutt - Basset x Cattledog is our best guess these days) Buddy (noisy but awesome DSH tabby cat) and Carter (adorable human baby) RIP Nya 1994(?) - 2010
Old 12-15-2007, 06:45 AM
feel the magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyoftheValley View Post
Oh wow. Shes a beautiful girl! Why such thick collars? They look great on her though

Thank you!

I have used 1" collars on Ella. She broke both of them. She's VERY strong and determined.
Once she kicks into drive, she can whip out strength that you would NEVER know she had just by looking at her.

I use thicker ones 1. because they don't break on me, the wider collars provide more strength, I think 2. they're more comfortable on her neck 3. They look nice on her because she has a longer neck and short hair

I am an equipment freak and a collar addict. What a combination, right?
Maxy is right, though, they mainly are for me. But since Ella is a pit bull, I like having her in pretty collars so that people don't run across the street screaming.
hahahaha. Not that they actually do that, but I'm telling you, a pretty collar has made a difference in how people react towards Ella.

I know my dog, and NO ONE could get Ella to EVER hurt a human. You could cut her leg off and she'd still lick your face. It's in her nature to LOVE humans. But she can look stereo-typically mean. She can. I'd probably shrink in fear a little if she wasn't my dog. Well, maybe not that, but I wouldn't just walk up and pet her.
But when she has pretty collars on, it's amazing, people will come across the street to pet her, they let their children pet her, and they'll just be so lovey with her.

The thick brown-orange leather collar is of tie-out strength. That one is going to be used mainly when the weather is warmer and I take her outside and tie her to my steel address pole in my front yard so that I can do hands-free obedience work with her (I don't have a fenced in yard).
And I received a gift certificate for collar mania and got that one.

The first collar is one I had made. Ella's named after Ella Fitzgerald, a famous jazz singer. I wanted this one to be personal.
The basket weave one, I got simply because I thought it to be unique and pretty.
The fabric one was a gift.

Yes, I realize that I have more collars for Ella than I need.
And that's ok.
Old 12-15-2007, 08:39 AM
Love my pets

Ella is so pretty in her collars. What a beautiful girl she is.
Old 12-15-2007, 10:47 AM
Top Dog

i love the first and the last ones! Ella's so beautiful.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 12-15-2007, 10:52 AM
Puddle Duck

I wasn't being 'mean', maxy, I was asking a question I didn't know the answer to.

Chewbecca,

I LOVE Ellas ears!!! They are so cute! Like a wittle wabbit! And her lips when shes about to "rooooo!" Are just too cute! I love it when pitbull owners dont clip the ears, they look so darn cute

If I had words to make a day for you,
I'd sing a morning golden & true
I would make this day last for all time
then fill the night deep with moonshine
Old 12-15-2007, 10:54 AM
Twin 2.0

Those are very pretty collars! I finally have a short-coated black dog to put fancy collars on and alas, no money to do it. Sawyer needs a new collar, but it's just going to be a good rolled leather one and a fancy leash, because you can't see a thing under his fur.

I'm going to hazard a guess as to why she drools on walks...it's a reaction to great stress or excitement and since she is so crazy DA, she's just constantly scanning for any dogs, which keeps her amped up and leads to the drool. A shepherd mix that used to come to daycare would produce awesomely long drool strands until I let him sit on the other tall chair next to me. He liked to be up high to watch, not down in the fray.

Who needs sleep?

CrazyDog Photography CrazyDog on Facebook
Scent Sweet Home--Scentsy Wickless Candles Follow me!-Fall/Winter 2013 catalogs available!
Have Aussie, Will Travel--A Blog updated 5/26/12

Thanks Alliemackie!
Old 12-15-2007, 11:03 AM
feel the magic

thanks, guys!

I never thought about that, Zoom.
She could have been overly excited checking her pee-mail in the park. There weren't any other dogs around, but she could probably still smell them which would have excited her.
I know she wasn't hot, I didn't put her in a coat or boots on our walk and it was...about 20 degrees outside.

Thanks for compliments, guys.
She's my bug!
Old 12-15-2007, 07:40 PM
Love My KEEShond

I looove Ella. Those collars just look gorgeous on her
Old 12-15-2007, 08:32 PM
Bored Now.

In answer to whoever asked, SizzleDog has the most collars. I think Rebecca has a looong way to go there

I ADORE the new collars.. wowza. I'm very fond of the fabric one, myself. And I hope you don't mind a new drawing of Ella, because the squeaky toy one inspired me. (In pen, because that's all that I have with me atm)

For those of you who don't understand the collar addiction... please go to collar mania and buy yourself one. You WILL want another. And then another. And then it becomes an addiction. Bwahaha. And I have no clue what you all mean about black and white dogs looking good in everything.. harumph. Mine certainly doesn't. I want one of THOSE black and white dogs (can I trade?). I can't put him in pink. Or purple, without it looking girly.

And now I MUST go to bed. ergh.
Old 12-16-2007, 07:03 AM
Top Dog

Lovely collars and one gorgeous girl! I'm so in love with her ears .