Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 12-17-2007, 12:54 PM
Oh, it's *you*

What perhaps can happen is that AC's may feel they are being harrassed by certain types of folks...and eventually stop listening when calls come in several times per day from people they may see as "fanatical". When on either side of the dog debate...you have to always couch your concerns with respect...and I could see that lacking on both sides here.

Totally not the right way to do things...ignoring people because you think they are telling you how to do your job. But the face you show authority figures matters...and being respectful and minding the p's and q's can foster a good relationship where they are willing to listen, and do know you want to help them do thier jobs...not criticize them for what they don't do.

In short...some good honest butt kissing can likely help more dogs than harrassment or constant complaints and comments on how uncaring a organization is.

Just the view from my knothole here...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryngwraythbeagles/
Old 12-17-2007, 12:56 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
You make a good point. But if I recall the details correctly they did try to go through the proper channels, and the "proper channels" didn't give a hoot.
On the other hand, and I'm reviewing my backlog of articles on the case, I remember where she stated she called AC & the local police numerous times, however when phone records were pulled it seems that the calls just did not exist.

Personally, I belive she's 100% guilty. IMO it was done nothing more than as a publicity stunt and sadly it has worked.

And Baha is right in that we never once heard a word from the other side.

My Cairn lived to be almost 20 years old. I put her down as soon as her quality of life was no longer there, but even when it was she was skinny, frail, almost blind and deaf, and wobbled when she walked. Thank goodness Ms. Tammy Grimes didn't see her out in the backyard one day...........
Old 12-17-2007, 01:23 PM
Oh, it's *you*

Miakoda....agreed. She has some sighthound people really worried,

Old 12-17-2007, 03:58 PM
Top Dog

I think she's over publicized. I really do. But I think she has rescued way too many dogs to be written off like that. I don't think that Tammy called the Animal Control, the person that called Tammy did.

And when they got there, that dog was quite obviously dying. He was dying that day, He was malnourished, nearly emaciated, couldn't stand at all, couldn't lift his head, and wasn't receiving any medication. You can see all of that in the Videos they posted on Youtube. After she rescued him, he lived for 6 months. Very much able to walk and stand on his own, despite being 17 or 18 or however old he was.

I consider that abuse, when the dog hasn't stood up for 3 days and they don't go out and see what's wrong with their dog. I think it wasn't considered abuse because the Animal Control wasn't who found the dog, and made the case.

It only became a publicity stunt after the owners began fighting to get their dog back, and Quite honestly, I would have done the exact same thing that Tammy did. I don't think any dog deserves to die on the end of a chain, before his time, with no shelter, unable stand, without his owner even caring. And I never, ever would have given the dog back to the owners. Maybe it's a fostering thing, but once you live with a dog, or even just get to know a dog, I don't think anybody on this forum could give a dog up to go back to that kind of life.

Fleetwood Mes Yeux Vigilant CGCA RE TDCH TDI and Shed Antler Dog!
Old 12-17-2007, 04:32 PM
*Biter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazwell View Post

And when they got there, that dog was quite obviously dying. He was dying that day, He was malnourished, nearly emaciated, couldn't stand at all, couldn't lift his head, and wasn't receiving any medication. You can see all of that in the Videos they posted on Youtube. After she rescued him, he lived for 6 months. Very much able to walk and stand on his own, despite being 17 or 18 or however old he was.

I consider that abuse, when the dog hasn't stood up for 3 days and they don't go out and see what's wrong with their dog. I think it wasn't considered abuse because the Animal Control wasn't who found the dog, and made the case.

It only became a publicity stunt after the owners began fighting to get their dog back, and Quite honestly, I would have done the exact same thing that Tammy did. I don't think any dog deserves to die on the end of a chain, before his time, with no shelter, unable stand, without his owner even caring. And I never, ever would have given the dog back to the owners. Maybe it's a fostering thing, but once you live with a dog, or even just get to know a dog, I don't think anybody on this forum could give a dog up to go back to that kind of life.

Ditto - 2 year old APBT and Corvus - 7 year old supermutt

Paws Jaws and Wrecking Balls
Old 12-17-2007, 04:40 PM
Oh, it's *you*

did the media blow her off too as she claims the AC did?

Old 12-17-2007, 04:40 PM
*Biter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamutt99 View Post
If someone saw a dog like this on a tie-out in a yard, would they assume she was abused and steal her?

Seeing a dog that is thin, and seeing a dog that is dying and in obvious IMMEDIATE distress is two different things.

Tell me, if you passed a dog that was obviously in bad shape daily, had tried to get help for the dog legally and nothing was done, and drove past it yet again to see it laying there, lifeless and obviously in distress, would you keep on driving, hoping that someone else would care, or would you pull over? Would you put it out of your mind and forget about it?

Personally, I don't think this was about publicity or anything of that nature. I know how urgent things like this can be, and how it can make one forget about what is "right and wrong" when a life is on the line.

I personally would not keep driving. It's not in my nature to see things suffer if I can stop it....right or wrong.

That's me though, and no I'm not a fanatic. No I'm not going around liberating animals. But if I see something in pain, I try to help.

Old 12-17-2007, 04:41 PM
Oh, it's *you*

Danes...that's what the media is for. They move mountains when a mere citizen cannot even push a ball down a hill.

Old 12-17-2007, 04:49 PM
*Biter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoundedByHounds View Post
Danes...that's what the media is for. They move mountains when a mere citizen cannot even push a ball down a hill.
That is fine and dandy when there is time to do it that way....

And hell, in some towns, the media could give a cold crap about a dying dog. Unless it's a "pit bull" attack, you really won't find a whole lot of dog stories on the news....not in my neck of the woods anyways.

Old 12-17-2007, 05:06 PM
Oh, it's *you*

well...here ya sure do...
It's not about the dogs when they do a story...it's their chance to make the CITY look bad when citizens call to complain about strays or neglect that they've called AC about and got ignored. Very common subject matter on the news here...

Anytime the media can seize upon a story that will show city run offices in a bad light...they will break their necks running to cover it. It's all in how you approach it.