Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-10-2007, 11:59 PM
Twin 2.0

Default Curse of the All-Weather Dogs

It's pouring freezing rain outside. Everything is coated with a good layer of it, the ground can't decide if it wants to freeze or run with rivers, so it's a slushy mixture of both. Sawyer is dying to go out and potty, so I leash 'em up and head out, thinking it'll be a quick trip. Oh was I wrong.

They both peed and then with some hidden signal I missed due to having my head tucked to keep the rain off the back of my neck, they both started hauling me across the parking lot to the tennis courts. They wanted to go play in the slush! "It's fun to slide around, Mom! It's fun to get wet, because the rain just doesn't bother us with our thick, weather-resistant coats, Mom!"

Meanwhile I"m watching the water drip off the brim of my hat, knowing my hair has got to be completely soaked down my back and my puffy winter coat is not waterproof. At all. And neither are my shoes. Or the thin fleece sweatpants I have on because I'm in the middle of doing laundry.

Suddenly Virgo says "Watch me take off through the gap in the gate and go munch on rancid rabbit carcass!" Gee...great...awesome... So I go get a death grip on the ice-coated chainlink of the court so I can skid down the slight ramp to the grass and then penguin walk my way over her to get her collar to leash her back up. Playtime was over.

Neither of them are sorry in the least either. They'd still be out there if I let them!
Old 12-11-2007, 12:41 AM
<--------Orson

Hehehehehhehehe, I could say "neener neener" cause I have a wuss cake that MUST have his coat on to go farther than potty out the back door............but I won't! I am sort of envious that you don't have to beg your two to go out in the rain, LOL

Phoebe used to be more game about it than she is now, I think her age is starting to make her see that it is silly, she may even have some aching joints when it gets this cold. She is growing on 9, not a senior yet, but not a young whipper snapper either
Old 12-11-2007, 12:50 AM
Jerk.

BD could run with your 2 and then some. Verde would be game for some rancid rabbit carcass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Sometimes BOTH sides are just full of sh1t.
AKpostal
Blog?
MyDrunkAdmin
Old 12-11-2007, 02:21 AM
Top Dog

Zoe doesn't like to stay out long in the freezing rain. I just got her up to go out and potty before bedtime. She went out pottied real quick and was ready to come back in. But luckily I have a yard so I can just watch out the window to make sure she potties.

Old 12-11-2007, 04:18 AM
Let it be

Zoom I feel your pain. Miley gets cold but the boys! I brave all weather for them.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:37 AM
Twin 2.0

The only weather that even begins to bother these two is thunderstorms and that's only Virgo. Sawyer just doesn't bat an eye at much. It's still pouring ice this morning...not looking forward to taking them out today.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:43 AM
Love My KEEShond

Yup, we have that freezing rain too. But I'm loving it because school was cancelled

Max doesn't seem to mind. We let him out to go to the bathroom and then he comes back in. Mind you he's soaking wet, but he dries pretty quick
Old 12-11-2007, 11:02 AM
A guy with a dog

I'm a big fan of just sending Leo out to do his business. I have to watch from the window, though - he's starting to develop a digging habit, so he can't play outside unattended. Even in the snow - he digs right down to the grass, and keeps on going. I watch until he does his thing, then I open the door and call him right back in. He comes running like a good doggie.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:36 AM
Angel Chicken

I'm so glad Kona is too prissy to get her feet wet. She has literally held it ALL DAY before because she won't go out in the rain to use the bathroom. I have to force her out!!

"But Moooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmm! It's raining!!! I don't wanna go out. Don't make me. PLEEEEEAAAAASSSEEEEE?" <insert "I'm abused" eyes here>
Old 12-11-2007, 12:19 PM
Twin 2.0

Yes, the joys of living in a second-story Shoebox. Have to navigate stairs regardless and there's no just "opening the door" to let them out. Sigh...I'm so getting first story with a fenced patio for my next place.