Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-08-2007, 11:38 PM
Felurian

There's no reason for you to feel stupid for not knowing it . . . since it's pretty much a crock If you were dealing with a large breed, THEN you'd either need to go with a large breed puppy formula or an all stages food.

But . . . "adult puppy?"

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-08-2007, 11:39 PM
Island dweller

the fact they said only two brands carry food for that stage is .. shady. check out www.dogfoodproject.com and the food forum here
Old 12-09-2007, 01:30 AM
and Fozzie B!

I agree with others in that.... 1) Border Collies are a medium breed. Not "large", by any means! 2) I have never even heard of "adult puppy food". 3) The nutritional needs of a puppy are no different than that of an adult dog, besides needing MORE calories to grow. Puppy food is, generally, not necessary. 4) A high quality all-life-stages food is ideal!

Check out: Canidae, Innova, Orijen, Natural Balance, etc.

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 12-09-2007, 10:44 AM
Top Dog

one of my pups went to a " friend " who wanted a huge Golden and fed it something " special " ...it grew way to fast and developed hip problems .

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 12-09-2007, 10:48 AM
Show Dog

I never take a vets advice about food.Teddy went to the vet yesterday and the vet told me I fed him bad food(eagle pack holistic)He wants me to change him to Eukanuba,Sciece diet,Medacal or rx diet. Like ah No.I mean I know Eagle Pack holistic is not the best but I think its better then any of those and Teddy eats it.When it comes to dogfood he is picky.
Old 12-09-2007, 11:04 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdogs View Post
The vet told me that there is only 2 kinds of dry food that make Adult Puppy...That kind and Royal Canin.
I bet you he sells both of them.

Oh, and what the heck does "Adult puppy" mean? Aren't those two words mutually exclusive?
Old 12-09-2007, 11:09 AM
Top Dog

No..The vet only has the one brand food.

I guess she was meaning to say Large Breed Puppy.

Like I said, I got a big bag..So I will let him eat it up and then look for a better food.
Old 12-09-2007, 11:20 AM
Island dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperdogsmom View Post
I never take a vets advice about food.Teddy went to the vet yesterday and the vet told me I fed him bad food(eagle pack holistic)He wants me to change him to Eukanuba,Sciece diet,Medacal or rx diet. Like ah No.I mean I know Eagle Pack holistic is not the best but I think its better then any of those and Teddy eats it.When it comes to dogfood he is picky.
I think eagle pack holistic is a good food. And if your dog does well on it, great!
Old 12-09-2007, 11:44 AM
Show Dog

I think its good too but I do know that there is better out there.So I am not a confrontaional person so next time we go to the vet I will lie and say I switched.
Old 12-09-2007, 12:25 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdogs View Post
No..The vet only has the one brand food.

I guess she was meaning to say Large Breed Puppy.

Like I said, I got a big bag..So I will let him eat it up and then look for a better food.
If she meant Large Breed Puppy, and told you those were the only two brands that made it, then she outright lied to you . . . I think I'd be checking into other vets.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian