Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-09-2007, 12:26 AM
Jerk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue View Post
Your negative posts about Chaz and its members. Im sorry you dont see it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoodleMommy View Post
that didnt answer my question at all.
Again Im sorry you dont see your own negativity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Sometimes BOTH sides are just full of sh1t.
AKpostal
Blog?
MyDrunkAdmin
Old 12-09-2007, 12:40 AM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoodleMommy View Post
I meant "you" in the general sense, not directed towards one person.

However, questioning how much love she gets at home was a pretty low move in my opinion but naming any names on that one.
Erm, not sure if you mean me or the other person, but you can't mean me I guess. I didn't question the love she got. Either way though, I don't think the person who mentioned it meant to say she didn't. It seemed like more of a "everyone has their own reasons for getting a puppy at their specific time" statement to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy'sParents View Post
Back to the original topic, folks... you know, the puppy and the help it and it's new owner needs.
I think the original topic was more of an introduction and for us to say how cute the pup was. I don't think she's asked for our help yet, not specifically.
Old 12-09-2007, 12:58 AM
Dafuq?

Hi. Cute puppy. He looks black to me, though, not blue. Not trying to nitpick, though. It just means he has strong pigment, which is a good thing.

One thing I want to suggest is to pick up as many training books as you can. You will very likely have to teach this puppy bite inhibition, which he should have learned from being with the litter. You will have to step in and play the role of the littermates and mother. Otherwise, he will never learn appropriate interactions.

You will also want to start socializing him intensively soon. Has he had any of his puppy shots? If not, don't put him down on the ground in public places. Not at the vet's office, or the park. Pit Bulls are very susceptible to Parvo. Hopefully your vet will be able to give you further advice on how to avoid it, but also not miss the critical socialization window. These dogs are very strong and driven, so training and acclimation must begin early. Also keep an eye out for any human aggression as he gets older, and discourage it strongly. (If his breeder is irresponsible enough to let pups go at that age, I would have concerns about how much thought went into the breeding.)

If there's anything I can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask. It sounds like you love that little grunter, so I wish you luck with him.

Now entering the land of hypnotic signatures...
Old 12-09-2007, 01:12 AM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyblue5290 View Post
I think the original topic was more of an introduction and for us to say how cute the pup was. I don't think she's asked for our help yet, not specifically.
And I don't think the OP asked to be put on a couch and be told what any of us deem her life to turn out like either.

Fact is. The puppy has a home and it is with the OP. Now would be the time to rise above whatever issues we may have and help the OP with a four week old pup- because she is surely going to need it.

Thanks to those that have offered advice and, AZ, do what Renee said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Well, this is a good point in your life to do things differently - you get to start out fresh. And all the responsibility is yours this time - so, do your very best by little Smokey, and get all the good advice you can from the great APBT people here, along with the members who are experienced with raising puppies.

Old 12-09-2007, 01:27 AM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy'sParents View Post
And I don't think the OP asked to be put on a couch and be told what any of us deem her life to turn out like either.

Fact is. The puppy has a home and it is with the OP. Now would be the time to rise above whatever issues we may have and help the OP with a four week old pup- because she is surely going to need it.

Thanks to those that have offered advice and, AZ, do what Renee said.
You where the one that claimed the original topic was advice for her, when it wasn't originally the topic. I didn't claim the original topic was to put her on a couch, and I never told her what I "deem her life to turn out like" either.

I don't think it's the issues we have to rise over. And you're right. She is going to need help. And the pup will DEF. needhelp. :

Oh..........
Old 12-09-2007, 09:12 AM
Top Dog

well thanks everyone that gave me advice. and everyone. i know my life was messed up before but now im living on my own. i have a great job. my puppy has a vet check on wednesday to start his shots. i have a nice land lord ( one of my aunts ) and no im not emancipated. i pretty much live in a house that my aunt is renting out. so as we say im living with my aunt. if my boyfriend and i break up my puppy stays with me. and my puppy is well cared for. i didnt have no control over my other dogs because i was living under my moms and dads roof at the time. but now i can prove to all of you that i am responsible. so please i would like advice and not any negative things..

Old 12-09-2007, 09:51 AM
Top Dog

Glad you came back in and yes , we'll give you any help if we can . Let us know how the vets goes !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 12-09-2007, 10:11 AM
Top Dog

dont worry ill let you all know how it goes.

Old 12-09-2007, 10:53 AM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Quote:
Originally Posted by azcowgirl View Post
well thanks everyone that gave me advice. and everyone. i know my life was messed up before but now im living on my own. i have a great job. my puppy has a vet check on wednesday to start his shots. i have a nice land lord ( one of my aunts ) and no im not emancipated. i pretty much live in a house that my aunt is renting out. so as we say im living with my aunt. if my boyfriend and i break up my puppy stays with me. and my puppy is well cared for. i didnt have no control over my other dogs because i was living under my moms and dads roof at the time. but now i can prove to all of you that i am responsible. so please i would like advice and not any negative things..
That's the spirit!

Old 12-09-2007, 01:34 PM
<--------Orson

Quote:
Originally Posted by azcowgirl View Post
I agree with BP, GREAT that you are still here!

The pup is definitely a cutie, and we WILL love seeing and hearing all about him..........and also offering ANY help that we can in the future