Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-08-2007, 06:21 PM
Top Dog

Default i got a puppy!!!!

well ive been dating this guy names harley for the last couple of months well 2 haha and he bought me a puppy. he is a purebred pit bull. hes blue/grey. i got him at 3 weeks old BECAUSE the mother wouldnt feed her babies. so i took one and the others are in good homes now.. well here is smokey!!

AT 5 WEEKS

hes 6 weeks now lol

Old 12-08-2007, 06:28 PM
and Spy.

Congrats.

*bangs head against wall*

~Tucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMan View Post
I think u need some angry school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That's what we do here. We're emotionally invested in each other and each other's dogs, the joys and the sorrows.
Old 12-08-2007, 06:45 PM
Felurian

Before we all get after her - if the mother wouldn't feed the pups, it's probably a good thing they've had a chance to get to people who will feed and care for them (we hope). We all know Cowgirl will be checking on things she needs to do to care for this little one - not just the physical needs, but what little Smokey needs to grow up to be a well-adjusted, well socialized dog

And, thankfully, we've got a lot of GREAT, RESPONSIBLE APBT people here to help her.

It's hard to find anything more irresistable than a baby Pittie

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-08-2007, 06:49 PM
Top Dog

I know you thought you were doing a good thing, but that pup shouldn't have taken away from it's littermates and mother before 8 weeks. At 3 weeks, he will have not learned very much in dog manners and how to behave. People CAN'T teach a pup that, only the mother and littermates.
Even if the mother couldn't feed the litter, they should have been left together and with her.

Good luck, you are going to need it. I would suggest that you get your hands on as much info as possible on how to raise an orphan and how to socialize it.
'bang head too'
Old 12-08-2007, 07:10 PM
Top Dog

I don't fault you , but I sure do the " breeder's " !!!! If this is a purebreed , it was either a planned litter or in inbred litter which the Dame could reject if she know they have problems . Yes , the " breeder " should have bottle fed and socialized the hell out with this litter !!! Do what you can ....but expect a lot a problems . No boyfriend should give a 17 yr old a puppy !!!

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 12-08-2007, 07:12 PM
Bored Now.

I cannot believe anyone would SELL a 3 week old pup... yeesh. It's good that they are getting care and individual attention, but I just can't imagine that.

Anyhow.. congrats. The pup is adorable. Make sure he gets socialized as much a possible right now!
Old 12-08-2007, 07:12 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Honestly, if you are still living with your parent(s) you need to stop getting dogs until you move out. And educate your boyfriends! From your other posts, this is AT LEAST the second boyfriend giving you a puppy. Both Pit bulls apparently. Hopefully you are able to keep this one.

Good luck.
Old 12-08-2007, 07:26 PM
Are you dead yet?

I agree with BabyBlue. Wasn't it your parents that made you rehome several of your other dogs, cowgirl?

The puppy is very cute, I hope you have a good idea of how to socialize him to compensate for what he'll miss from his littermates.
Old 12-08-2007, 07:40 PM
Top Dog

well i dont live with my parents anymore to let you all know that. i moved out and i have my own place. and i know he shouldnt of down that but he did because he knew the mom wouldnt care for him or his littermates.

Old 12-08-2007, 07:51 PM
Lord Cynical

Please. Stop. Getting. Dogs.

I breaks my heart to see every dog you get either get dumped at the shelter or sold. I fear that this puppy will be dumped in a matter of months too. I'm dreading the day we hear he meets the same fate as Tigre, Baby, Rocky, Peki and Roxy.

Maybe that's harsh, but I'm calling 'em as I see 'em.

Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)