Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 12-07-2007, 12:47 AM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
I wouldn't be so quick to judge someone who has a dog stroller. My sheltie use to get put in the back storage park of my sister's stroller when we were growing up. Shelby had a really bad back but she always wanted to come out with us. It made sense to pick her up and put her in there. Not all owners who use them are bad owners. I don't own one and I probably will never but I wouldn't call someone a bad owner for using one.
Very nicely said.

Nik has severe arthritis in her old age. She simply cannot keep up with everyone, but should she have to sit at home? She rides in a wagon sometimes.

I think like many items that are available to use with your dogs, they have a place and as long as they are used properly then what's the problem?
Old 12-07-2007, 12:51 AM
Island dweller

I think most dogs don't need a stroller HOWEVER if someone wants to take their dog everywhere with them then little dogs do get tired. Especially if the people do a lot of walking. I don't think it's too bad then. Actually, it's kind of good. At least they are getting their dog out and aren't just leaving him/her at home
Old 12-07-2007, 12:58 AM
Let it be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Very nicely said.

Nik has severe arthritis in her old age. She simply cannot keep up with everyone, but should she have to sit at home? She rides in a wagon sometimes.

I think like many items that are available to use with your dogs, they have a place and as long as they are used properly then what's the problem?
Shelby had severe arthritis too.

Everything is good in moderation. It's not killing a dog to be put in one. So long as an owner takes good care of their dog I could care less if they gave it a pink mohawk. We all take care of our dogs a little bit different.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:01 AM
Show Dog

I do not have a stroller for my pom.I do however carry him in a backpack carrier.He also walks and I put him in the backpack on buses and so forth or I carry him.I may not own one but I do not see any problem with it.At least the dog is not stuck at home and is out with its family.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:04 AM
Island dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
We all take care of our dogs a little bit different.
I love this. We all need to remember this every now and again
Old 12-07-2007, 01:25 AM
~Lisa~

The only thing I really hate about them and the purses is that 98***37; of people I see think just becuase they have a small dog in a stroller or in a purse that they can bring it every where. That is what peeves me off about things like this. I love dogs. But I really dont feel the need to bring a dog to the mall with me to get shoes or pick up some things.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:06 AM
and Fozzie B!

Dogs in strollers... creep me out.

Even creepier:

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 12-07-2007, 05:12 AM
Top Dog

Poodlemommy..NO ONE is saying you are an evil person, and are saying ANYTHING about you. We are referring to people who don't WALK their dogs whatsoever, but use the stroller to push their dogs around. Nobody is saying "People who occasionally take their dogs out in a stroller to go shopping, etc, are cruel evil dog owners".
Old 12-07-2007, 08:52 AM
who me?

I am not saying that people who have strollers shouldnt own a dog, I am just curious about exercising. I see now the reason people with smaller dogs might have him or her in a stroller or backpack if said pooch cannot walk that far due to surgery, old age or another alliment. What I have issues with are those people (and i mean in general) who think of there dogs as a toy and a stroller is a neat accessory, whom might not be giving their pooches the best care that they can provide.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:22 PM
Tweleve Enthusiest

i was driving past a place where there's a fairly extensive hiking trail, and at that spot, the trail runs right next to the road.

a couple, probably in their mid 50's were walking side by side and in between them, they were carrying -- each had one handle of it -- one of those nylon and mesh pet carriers. i have no idea what was in the bag.

Extreme owner of four herding dogs

puzzles, poetry and so much more ~ Doggy Puzzles created by me
sleep!!!
My dog Votes!
proud member of the MUMS 2009 7th place team CISRA 2009 1st place team SUMS 2009 2nd place team