Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 12-06-2007, 09:10 PM
Yorkie Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticHeatwave View Post
I am wondering about the statistics on that. About how many people who own strollers for their dogs get enough exercise? or if they think their pooch is a fashion statement and a stroller is a neat accessory?
you may very well be right about the statistics on this one... however, I would be inclined to say that those people who do not exercise their dogs enough are the same ones who wouldnt regardless of whether they had a stroller or not.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:19 PM
who me?

Quote:
however, I would be inclined to say that those people who do not exercise their dogs enough are the same ones who wouldnt regardless of whether they had a stroller or not
that is very true
Old 12-06-2007, 09:48 PM
Top Dog

I think those are completely useless. People treating their dogs like they are children. I know of people whose dogs barely touch the ground. They go somewhere, and they hold that poor dog/puppy the entire time. That is no fun for a dog.

I have heard cases of certain people who carried their dog most of its life, since it was a puppy..and only put it down to pee, and the dog ended up with TONS of problems with its joints, and ability to walk.

I think anyone who actively uses a doggy stroller shouldn't own a dog.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:00 PM
Yorkie Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkygirl0101 View Post

I think anyone who actively uses a doggy stroller shouldn't own a dog.

I hope all of you who are passing judgment on who should have animals are the best animal owners on the planet.

I dare you to take my dogs from me and see how well they fare.

Last edited by PoodleMommy; 12-06-2007 at 10:53 PM.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:04 AM
I'm All Ears

Okay..,. this is just silly...

Why are we arguing about dog strollers? What's it matter? Aren't there a lot of bigger problems to be addressing out there? I think its silly people get so bent up over a dog riding in a stroller a while or wearing a sweater. I can think of so many other things to address....

It's not abuse. If you have a dog stroller, it does not automatically mean you treat your dogs as humans, it just means you have a stroller.

No, I dont have a stroller for my dogs.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:08 AM
Yorkie Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Okay..,. this is just silly...

Why are we arguing about dog strollers? What's it matter? Aren't there a lot of bigger problems to be addressing out there? I think its silly people get so bent up over a dog riding in a stroller a while or wearing a sweater. I can think of so many other things to address....

It's not abuse. If you have a dog stroller, it does not automatically mean you treat your dogs as humans, it just means you have a stroller.

No, I dont have a stroller for my dogs.
I agree... I dont care if you like them or not, own one or not, use one or not... get the point... my only issue is with those two people on here who decided that anyone who owns one should not own a dog or that their dog has a terrible life.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:14 AM
Top Dog

Yes , I'm sorry Poodlemommy ... they are your dogs and you have the right to do what you want . My daughter's inlaws have a mini poodle and she's never out of their arms .... maybe they need a stroller .

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 12-07-2007, 12:21 AM
~Lisa~

They ar ejust stupid IMO. dogs are dogs, they can walk. no need for a stroller. end of story,

ONLY time I would ever say they would be fine is if. The dog is just out of surgery. And instead of being all cooped up At home take it out. Or if you have a very old dog who cant go far fine. i would have loved one when we still had our very old very blind poodle.She loved to be outside but was very nervous of it after she went blind.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:21 AM
Let it be

Miley walks. She keeps up with the Border Collies for the first half of the walk. I carry her home. She goes out twice a day for an hour and a half each time and if she's up for it she can walk it all. 40 minutes of every walk is running around playing soccer with the dogs. She loves it. I think a stroller would be stupid for my BC's but when I am carrying Miley home wrapped in my coat when it's icey and gross out a stroller seems practical.

I wouldn't be so quick to judge someone who has a dog stroller. My sheltie use to get put in the back storage park of my sister's stroller when we were growing up. Shelby had a really bad back but she always wanted to come out with us. It made sense to pick her up and put her in there. Not all owners who use them are bad owners. I don't own one and I probably will never but I wouldn't call someone a bad owner for using one.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:23 AM
Yorkie Love

Im removing myself from this thread and all the condescending, sarcastic people who felt the need to post in it...

to the OP... I feel there is a time and place for these... we get much use out of the one we own... as I said at the beginning as with any item you need to use it responsibly meaning the dog still needs to be exercised... we mostly use ours to take the dogs with us when they would otherwise be left home and therefore not receiving any exercise anyway. When we go out for walks or with the sole purpose of exercising the dogs we do not use the stroller obviously. Hopefully that gives one side of the issue for you to explore.

Now I am going to bed where my "underexercised, very neglected dog who I will be listing on Petfinder tommorrow as I have no right to own him" is already asleep and waiting for me.

Feel free to take up your bashing of people who use dog strollers again..... NOW.

Elissa