Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-06-2007, 09:15 PM
We are Home.

Id try if i had a fighting chance LOL. First Im having my baby in Feb. so thats one reason she will say no plus shes already said no more dogs not even a chi LOL.

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 12-06-2007, 09:32 PM
Are you dead yet?

Paige, I'm a die hard BC person but one of the few other breeds I'd consider is the Fila. They're a "thinking" breed too, very similar in intelligence. They're more independent, but that's to be expected considering they were bred to work more independently of humans. I really like the breed but the one thing I want to see firsthand is their ability to work livestock.

I might get to train a Fila puppy for a friend next summer!
Old 12-06-2007, 09:51 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

If you win will you share enough so VIctor can have a little dog of his own when MAry leaves us? HE was so tender to that baby chi at Petsmart, standing on his hind legs with his front legs crossed sniffing and nudgin...he plays so nice with the ones at the guild, and i can't afford to give him or a petfinder dog that...sad isn't it?

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 12-06-2007, 11:15 PM
Let it be

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD View Post
Paige, I'm a die hard BC person but one of the few other breeds I'd consider is the Fila. They're a "thinking" breed too, very similar in intelligence. They're more independent, but that's to be expected considering they were bred to work more independently of humans. I really like the breed but the one thing I want to see firsthand is their ability to work livestock.

I might get to train a Fila puppy for a friend next summer!
The only reason I tell myself most breeds are not for me is because if I allow myself to think more are I'd have 163 dogs. I already am tempted to take every homeless BC and BC mix home. Don't get me started on other breeds or I'll be introuble of TMDS (too many dogs syndrome).
Old 12-06-2007, 11:22 PM
Top Dog

Poor girl. $800 seems like a very high adoption fee, or maybe I'm just ignorant about the cost of a Fila. Lovely dog, although the breed definatly isn't for me.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:23 PM
BusterLove

Atleast the adoption fee is high so that should help sort out some of the people with no idea, and it sounds like they'll make sure she goes to a knowledgable home.

but omg talk about wnting to win the lottery, i found a 9 month and a 10 month old BC's in rescues just here, making room for xmas's new puppy I suppose.

Old 12-06-2007, 11:37 PM
Bored Now.

WOW Renee, she is gorgeous.

I have to wonder, though.. are they serious about the $800 adoption fee? Or is that just to weed out people who think "WOW! I want a guard dog!"
Old 12-06-2007, 11:50 PM
Top Dog

Both are beautiful. I feel extra sorry for the boy. He's skin and bones and big time depressed! Seems as if he'd rather starve to death than live without that one special person to serve and protect. Heart breaking!
Old 12-07-2007, 01:02 AM
Twin 2.0

Oh those poor dogs...being abandonded is hard enough on any dog, but crushing for a Fila...

I agree the adoption fee is a bit much, though she is having to go through heartworm treatment...maybe it is just to scare off those who really have no idea.